Andrew's Gemini KOOP

Alistair

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As brad said, carbs mean go manual or spend $4-500 on auto controller, then what's going to do spark? 5m-E dizzy is miles off a 2jz, plus the ignition curve is very sedate. For me the costs to go triple carbs is pretty much equal to EFI. Especially If you go mega squirt, You could buy a MS3 which does sequential spark and ignition and a auto controller for allot less than those carbs.

For me the costs to go triple carbs is pretty much equal to EFI. Especially If you go mega squirt, You could buy a MS3 which does sequential spark and ignition and a auto controller for allot less than those carbs.

Would like to know more about the MS3, will that work well on my 2JZ running itb's ? Could that be the solution to my problem ?

Yea its a DIY type ECU but its not that hard, if you pay abit more you van get the 3.57 board which is already built surface mount style. They have only just come out and are only in limited production untill it all ramps up, go read the mega manual a few times. It will run your 2JZ fine

http://www.megamanual.com/index.html

Also $350 US for a auto controller, I'll be getting one of these for the crown in the future

http://www.latentsolutions.com/suprastickuv.html

You maaay be able to use a jeep auto ecu to run the auto. cherokees and wranglers with the 4.0 six run an Aisin Warner AW4 which is apparantly pretty much the same as the A340 in toyotas except they run a seperate transmission control module for the gearbox.

Anyone know the cheapest place or anyone have hook ups with buying brand new 45 DCOE webers ? They are on tardme in chch for $795. The weber place on the northshore have quoted me about the same price also. If im after 3 surely i can buy them heaps cheaper.

Anyone know the cheapest place or anyone have hook ups with buying brand new 45 DCOE webers ? They are on tardme in chch for $795. The weber place on the northshore have quoted me about the same price also. If im after 3 surely i can buy them heaps cheaper.

Nope. Getting triple carbs is fucking expensive no matter the route.

Would also mean selector from a big gearbox like the W55 would be quite far back too.

Good point, something i hadnt thought much about. Gear lever must come out as close as possible to the factory location or it wont look right. Mmmm will cross this bridge when i come to it.

Gem factory position looks wrong anyone, could be 300mm further towards the rear and still look normal! (though does start fuking with the handbrake lever...)

If you find some matching pre loved carbs CSL in Newmarket recondition them like new for half the price of 'The weber place on the north shore' guy there is a GC too! He can also order in new carbs... could be worth a try.