Pipercross Filters

Vintage Grumble

Yeh, thinking about taking fiberglass intake off and slapping one of them on, sounds stupid, but I want the intake noise back, also want to make intake longer.

Keep an airbox at all costs man, its free HP. Best bet to get max dort is get one made out of carbon fibre, its much thinner and you will get allot more sound back. They don't cost to much either if you dont make them to complex

Pipercross come from Cardwells I'm pretty sure. They're supposedly the best filter for ITB and carb setups and a lot of people seem to do well with them.

Be prepared to pay a lot though... Something like $200 for the filter element and $100 for a blank backing plate (no holes).

yeh they arent cheap. far far better than filter socks tho. we tested on 100kw engine on dyno, made same power with the filter as without. and almost 0 loss in dort

had airbox on mine as well but went back to the pipercross. the sound beats any gain the airbox gave me. shit thats also half went back to it, from sc14 induction

• Like 1

Yeh, thats what im thinking, i'd happily give up a hp or two to get the dort back, but not at all keen to use socks again. Would most likely make decent partition to keep hot air out anyway, so doubt there would be a noticeable loss in power. Only thing that worries me is space.

Yeh, thinking about taking fiberglass intake off and slapping one of them on, sounds stupid, but I want the intake noise back, also want to make intake longer.

Keep an airbox at all costs man, its free HP. Best bet to get max dort is get one made out of carbon fibre, its much thinner and you will get allot more sound back. They don't cost to much either if you dont make them to complex

ala this

4623311399_e4d570b929_b.jpg

Im thinkin bout running one of these on my mikuni's dont really like the kn's

can you fit trumpets inside them ?

yeh. trumpet size you can fit, just depends which size filter you get. best to keep the edge of the trumpet at least 20mm away from the filter

PIC_0004t.jpg

• 3 years later...

I happen to have a mate that works for a super yawt place, and does lots of carbon work, but hes way up above auckland.

I was thinking of using stainless mesh and making my own foam filter for the hell of it. I could make the backing plate the same as my fiberglass intake, so I can swap them when I want.

ooh i'll jump in on this haha..

mesh kinda looks like expanded alloy does it not?

massgeschneiderte-sportluftfilter-1_1296

Q.. will an alloy (say 0.6mm?) airbox do a good job of transmitting induction noise like carbon fibre?

this is what is in my pipercross filter ^   99% sure its ali mesh.   can take a pic if anyone wants to see.