R100's chevette

shizzl

I have a 4.3 chev V6 out of a 2001 blazer sitting in my shed. Its got a holley 4 barrel, electronic dizzy, castlemain rod shop bellhousing with a w57 toyota box. Ive been dying to drop it in somethng. The chev in a chevette makes sense i recon. I also have a BDS supercharger manifold and GM471 blower to suit the chev V6 aswell ! I think for now just dropping in the N/A V6 would be sweet. It makes an easy 200hp and being carby makes the conversion a whole heap easier.

This is sorta what my engine looks like, http://www.fastchevettes.com/finalmoto2.jpg

I also found this like on utube.

Welcome back. I know of a place that has some mint bumpers (apparently) Also may have one only of those awful mags, yours to sell as a set of 5 if you want, was going to send to scrappy.

BTW whatever happened to your V8 shove-it?

Welcome back. I know of a place that has some mint bumpers (apparently) Also may have one only of those awful mags, yours to sell as a set of 5 if you want, was going to send to scrappy.

I sold my V8 shove it a couple of years ago. It was too ruff to spend any money on it. I think i mite send mine to the scrappy also. :D

So at the moment im looking for a pair of bumpers and a set of standy rims with hubcaps.

I sold my V8 shove it a couple of years ago. It was too ruff to spend any money on it. I think i mite send mine to the scrappy also. :D

So at the moment im looking for a pair of bumpers and a set of standy rims with hubcaps.

Should have rims, took me ages to find caps, just got me some recently. Will make further enquiries about bumpers... need some for mine, not quite good enough.

Mad deja-vu, im sure you have posted about an identical orange hatch before

that was a partser for the V8 hatch wasn't it... (I ended up with a bunch of shit from it after the dude you sold it to went to scrap the remains)

Bought it as a parts car for my V8 chevette. Good to see you got some bits off it rather than it getting scrapped. Heres the only pic i have of my old chevettes.

The bumpers looked pretty good lol I need them now :)

trademestuff211.jpg

hey gadget it would look good on wide steels especially with the blower hanging out the front :D skids on

what ever happened to the white lada?

Yeah i think it will look best with widened rims, maybe even go up one size to a 14" but retain the chevette centers with hubcaps.

The guy i sold the white lada too, has now fitted a supercharged Lancia motor in it.

For some reason i love road trips. I will buy a car anywhere, half the fun is going tp pick it up. I really need a proper car transporter though, one day...

I guess it was quite a road trip for you, the ferry crossing is the killer.

Not sure where that vid is, no one speaks engish i know that ! The chevette in that vid seems to go allright. I will just need some american chevy chevette badges now.

For some reason i love road trips. I will buy a car anywhere, half the fun is going to pick it up.

Ha totally agree man, I brought myself an old hilux yesterday, drove all the way to thames in my bumped 32 wagon with guard rub the whole way and a top speed of 80ks, left it at my parents place to drive the hilux back. Good fun indeed

rd trips are the shiz...ive bought an econovan and a b2000 both from the dirty waikato and drove them down to chch and the west coast, both no wof/reg.. :rolleyes::badgrin:

im going to our local wrecker next week,ill keep an eye out for bumpers for you

have you got a pic of the 471 blower? is that a roots type blower? they are quite large aren't they? keen to see that.

I'm guessing you would make the manifold etc yourself?

I have a proper supercharger manifold that adapts the 471 to the v6 chev. Because its a chev engine stuff like pulleys and belts etc are off the shelf items.

junk001q.jpg

junk002.jpg

junk003.jpg