Old Car Auction

Ranter

This weekend out by the airport, I think you need to print the catalogue to enter but I'm not sure on that. Plenty of minters by the looks and you can get a tour while you are there.

Wouldn't think there would be any bargains but might be worth checking out.

This place is usually only open for car clubs I think so a good chance to have a nosey.

http://www.watsonsauctions.com/

hahaha oh man, that dudes selling my old commodore, fuck thats funny lot 19. bet its still got 170thousand odd clicks on it, speedo was jammed. paid $200 for it and raped the bajeesus out of it back in the day. seriously surprised its still around. kinda want it back. :?

hahaha oh man, that dudes selling my old commodore, fuck thats funny lot 19. bet its still got 170thousand odd clicks on it, speedo was jammed. paid $200 for it and raped the bajeesus out of it back in the day. seriously surprised its still around. kinda want it back. :?

Sounds like mine in the speedo dept. mine is jammed just over 200k and my plates are just after yours MM

oh really? must have been a common fault, I found that if the tripmeter was reset it'd start counting again until a certain point, usually around 160km, then it would jam again. I can remember back in the late 90's the peugeot dealer in town got done for fitting tripmeter jamming devices to new cars they sold to skimp on servicing. Christ knows how they thought they would get away with it, maybe holden dabbled in a similar scheme?

still cracks me up that that heap made it into some dudes car collection... i mean wtf... seriously....

vk's freakin rule. is yours injected? that thing did some sweet top gear one wheel burnouts.

The Hillman Imp that was actually a Sunbeam went for $1150.00

I didn't go because its harder to be tempted that way but I heard a lot of cars passed in for good money.

Yea i never went as i would have had buy a "good buy" and then try explain for the next 2 years why i bought it ;)

@ Crazy Rich...Haha the VK trip meter is same as mine except mine only allows 9kms and it jams lol... it used to go until 29kms but lately it wont go past 9 ;) Oh and its only a carb model although I have the ultimate number plate for my 202 VK :)

That leone only had 50,000km on the clock.. I was kean but I had checked it out a few weeks before the auction.

It had been left out side for to long tho.. rust bubbling around the windscreen and a few other places.

Its a pitty the NZ assembled subs of the time werent rust proofed proply. They just sprayed by hand the places where they could reach.

They installed a propper rust proofing plant about 18 months before the closed the assembly plant.