COLDSPARKS Racing doorstop

Bombsquad

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can pick them up at engine importers for about that price but chances are they wont come with a loom, ecu, coil and ignitor. My engine is ready to run with auto trans too. Good power stock and good potential for more power. Would look at home in the celica engine bay.

I must be getting old lol I totally love autos, 3 of my current build cars were originally manual and now converted to auto. I like to have 1 hand free to hold my crack pipe while drifting. Just buy one of these. As far as im aware the 1uz box is the same bolt pattern as the 1 and 2 jz boxes. http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 179863.htm

I also see in his add he does a 1 and 2jz adapter, maybe there are differences.

Yep.

That's what I'll be buying for mine.

You won't need to replace the diff either.

If you went turbo the diff would want replacing if you intend to drive hard.

And if 2j turbo need hilux diff and R154 box for sure.

So your cost here would be motor + radiator + engine mounts + exhaust + cert for a 1jzge.

If you went turbo the diff would want replacing if you intend to drive hard.

Im assuming F series? F series IRS with a decent LSD centre will be fine for a 2jzgte, theres plenty of them around yet to spit diffs.

meh i think its F but it not lsd

diff.jpg

allso what is this W5?

gbox-1.jpg

gbox2.jpg

lsd will have lsd oil sticker on one of the fins (this is very hard to come off, so it will be there)

f series diffs are fairly strong, but id imagine putting any decent power through one will result in mess.

Depending on what you want to do with the car, id go with the true trac lsd centre, tried and proven.

while you have everything out, id also replace the bushes and modify rear subframe for rear camber adjustment..

But yeah things start to get expensive very quickly... :shock:

lsd will have lsd oil sticker on one of the fins (this is very hard to come off, so it will be there)

f series diffs are fairly strong, but id imagine putting any decent power through one will result in mess.

Depending on what you want to do with the car, id go with the true trac lsd centre, tried and proven.

while you have everything out, id also replace the bushes and modify rear subframe for rear camber adjustment..

But yeah things start to get expensive very quickly... :shock:

yea no lsd sticker

Yea w55 or 7, I'm on slow internet so pics only load fuzzy haha, but I've definitely seen w57's behind 1ge's

As for that F series rear it will handle what ever you throw at it with a decent centre, the true trac is the ultimate for strength, but you cant go past a altezza LSD for $2-300. Anyway sort an engine first, diff will be the last thing you have to upgrade.

Could this rear possibly be a T series?

Yea hadn't seen the build plate obviously and now Im at work and those pics have loaded that diff looks very T series. Oh well F is a easy upgrade. Its strange these 1g-e's in A60's and x60's I've seen them with F & T diffs, and then a shitty 1s will have a F series

The vin plate reads TRANS / AXLE a42dl t282

but i think thats all wrong now.

i catch up with the guy i bought it off a few weeks ago and he said the org diff was fuk as. no teeth so he replace it (and the guy he bought it off said good luck breaking this one) so im thinking its an F series

cant find a pic of what a T series looks like

that look exactly the same

He won't be doing burnouts for a while.

lol yes mum

• 4 weeks later...