COLDSPARKS Racing doorstop

Bombsquad

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

What are we commenting on, just the colour selection? Are you questioning the shade of red, or red in general?

If you are querying the shade of red, its not too bad, but perhaps a little funny with the slight pearl that it has. My boss at work has an SV6, colour looks quite good in the flesh. Quite a strong colour.

Something like this

141261594_full.jpg

If you are questioning red in general then, I don't know.

im thinking pearl or metallic is a no go.

also that infiniti has no pearl

It may not have a pearl but it definitely looks like it has a purple tint of sorts in it. Doesn't look like only red, even in the guards where the light hits it you can see shades or purple too.

Obviously I'm no paint expert, but just trying to give a perspective on why it might not quite work.

One thing I have noticed with older cars, especially 80's wedges, is that you can't add a spectacular colour to it and expect it to work. 80's cars had no curves, no extravagance, just straight lines and awesomeness. I think as simple a shade of red you can find will suit best, and a vibrant strong colour like that of the SV6 will really finish it off.

This is probably a retarded question but....why not paint it the original red colour? (or as close as you can get from a colour chart)

Would suit the car to have an 80's colour on it.

Along the lines of what Mikuni said, cars like this usually look better with simple, clean paint jobs.

This is probably a retarded question but....why not paint it the original red colour? (or as close as you can get from a colour chart)

Along the lines of what Mikuni said, cars like this usually look better with simple, clean paint jobs.

Not a silly question.

It was actually the first question I put to him lol.

Just paint it flat red Daniel. One thats no too loud or orange.

Problem is. The colour you see on the car now isnt its original colour, so colour charting it was hard....... and the car is faded as hell

so yea iv got my colour now and all payed for :D. and yes its a solid colour

it like the SV6 colour but a little darker

............Diablo red ............

fuk i hope it looks good

ps: paint is cheap :rolleyes: