What Brake Fluid for the Track

10Speed

I used Castrol Super Dot 4 in the Eterna and did 4-5 trackdays before I started to get brake fade, but with the same fluid in my VR-4 I got brake fade within hours on the track. The previous owner used Motul RBF600 but I had to dump a bit of that out to remove a caliper and that's when I replaced it with Super Dot 4, have since done a full flush with Elf 5.1 brake fluid, cost about $50 for 500mL.

This reminds me of reading about some goat on an Alfa forum once who swore by draining the brake fluid out of his race car after every meet, filtering it, and heating it to boil off the water, then re-using it. Must've had heaps of moths in his wallet/was probably Burt Monroe's cousin.

Also:

http://www.drivenperformance.co.nz/scri ... roduct=710

hmmm the motul stuff doesnt seem to be available in Ak at the moment...

Have got some Penrite Sin 600 Plus Brake Fluid, I hear the Racebrakes guys use it in their race car... will let you know how it went after the nats. track day...

SINBrake.jpg

and also have some fancy slotted rotors now :-)

Motul RBF is from BnT - I get mine for the Morrie from there - As a compare I have fanged round the track with this fluid and boosted brakes next to a buddy with same car (he has less hp and unboosted brakes) with road fluid and he got brake fade after 5 laps - I managed to do all 8 laps without any sign of fading..

well the soarer never got fade on budget ferodo stuff this was with big sessions at taupo 25min+ sometimes. You will know if your fluids boiling you can see it, get the best pads you can afford, its usually the problem not the fluid. No ammount of awesome fluid will stop fade if your cars under braked in the first place

The Motul stuff rules though

well the soarer never got fade on budget ferodo stuff this was with big sessions at taupo 25min+ sometimes. You will know if your fluids boiling you can see it, get the best pads you can afford, its usually the problem not the fluid. No ammount of awesome fluid will stop fade if your cars under braked in the first place

The Motul stuff rules though

heartily agree. got minimal spongey pedal in the poojet with cherry red rotors and 3year old fluid.