guess Thousand Dollar Supercar's new mystery ride *solved*

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im going to throw something way the fuck out there

but im thinking out side the box

and since you like italain things that dont go :P ( joking hahaha ) lol and since you said cooling and lube system i spose in a sense give abit more of a hint

im going to say a maserati bi-turbo maybe,

its a guess and i think its a fuckn un-douche bag like one

Mid 80s Rover vanden plas or sd1

CORRECT! :D

I did indeed buy a mid '80s Rover SD1.

Thar she blows:

cemetary6.jpg

Honourable mention to bubblegoose, who recognised the shitbox Rover interior, and also to the person who posted the photo of the boat. :lol:

I got carried away at the classic car auction and bought this without really thinking things through. Don't worry, I'm not selling the Alfa - I gave back my company car, justifying a second oldschool heap, and this one will provide a real contrast. I thought it would be pretty invisible but it gets more attention than I expected - much of it from old geezers! :lol:

assuming it is v8...

Alas no, it's a manual 2600SE, with the not-so-trusty overhead cam straight six and twin SU carbs.

But anyway. Apologies for not having something very exciting at the end of my guessing game.. I will start a thread for grandpa's Rover in the User's Projects / Build Ups section. :)

there's one in the hutt parked next to a sweet p6 that both haven't moved in a while

i'd roll the shit out of a tatty as sd1.

like so

Photo0104.jpg

Photo0106.jpg

they're pretty horrific cars but everything has potential. glad you've bought this actually. someone needed to get an sd1 :D

bang it out on some nice period wheels and it'll be so sweet.

are they comfy as fuck to drive?