guess Thousand Dollar Supercar's new mystery ride *solved*

the dash was designed so it could easily be swapped from RHD to LHD for cheaper production for various markets, there is a big vent pointing at the passenger, that vent happens to be the same size as the steering column hole on the opposite side.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CORRECT! :D

I did indeed buy a mid '80s Rover SD1.

:)

Yay do i get to spin the prize wheel tho if I win the car you can keep it, the jappa cars i own make life hard enough

anyway promice me youll get rid of those su carbs and put 3 of those italian 36mm downdrafts from your alfas (just imagine the sound and the lack of fuel leaks)

they're pretty horrific cars but everything has potential. glad you've bought this actually. someone needed to get an sd1 :D

i love it, and want one.

v8 would be the go, with the grubbiest exhaust poss

are they comfy as fuck to drive?

I might change the exhaust system one day, because the header design looks rubbish and it has cracked and been welded, plus there's a welded hole in the (original?) rear muffler. That's a while off though.

The car's obviously much smoother to drive than my Alfa. Sunroof open, windows down, elbow out the window, seat reclined a bit etc. I think I can get to like it. It needs a bit of improvement for the full experience though - the steering wheel might have to go, and I need to get an air vent working and replace the sound system.

god I hope you got it stupidly cheap/free haha

I used to own a Mitsubishi with a lot in common with the Rover - comfortable but gutless, oil-burning, ill-handling, under-braked, thirsty.. and the Mitsi was more expensive. :P