***fixed*** V8 electrical problem 351

repowered

on behalf of cleavelandsteamer (he has no net this weekend due to moving house)

we installed a stereo in his '78 xc falcon and it drained the batt overnight for some reason. we charged the batt fully but it wont turn over just clicks, i think its the starter solienoid. Hes supposed to be moving house 2moro and needs to get the car from upper ricc to hei-hei so any help would be appreciated from anyone in the chch area.

please contact Graeme on 0276792450

Cheers!

on behalf of cleavelandsteamer (he has no net this weekend due to moving house)

we installed a stereo in his '78 xc falcon and it drained the batt overnight for some reason. we charged the batt fully but it wont turn over just clicks, i think its the starter solienoid. Hes supposed to be moving house 2moro and needs to get the car from upper ricc to hei-hei so any help would be appreciated from anyone in the chch area.

please contact Graeme on 0276792450

Cheers!

clicking is the starter solinoid exciting but once the power to the actual motor is made it sucks all the powe instantly = flat batt.

just jump start it and move it ....if it keeps draining the batt talk to a sparky inclined person ...there are heaps here .. could explain now but im somwhat compromised

Check for loose connections from the starter to the battery as well... did the leads from the battery come off? as this is a common cause as well if they are loose.

If that fails try a screwdriver directly across the starter motor contacts so it bypasses the solonoid in case it has shit itself but my quick guess if the battery has charge is loose connection somewhere.

They would have just jumpstarted it with a jump-pack, I imagine. That clicking from the solenoid was just an insufficient amount of voltage to fully engage and subsequently spint he starter motor.

Faulty relay my ass. :lol:

Get that stereo wiring sorted properly so it doesn't drain the battery.