anyone know a shock maker?

m0ss4yy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay so i know i need to find somebody in auckland area who can shorten shocks, or make new ones up

Autolign, Carbine rd, Mt Welly

ask for Ian

edit: cant be arsed going back trough the jizz but you will either find a shorter shock from another car with same mounting style or shorten your own one. Ian will sort you either way

Okay so i know i need to find somebody in auckland area who can shorten shocks, or make new ones up

Autolign, Carbine rd, Mt Welly

ask for Ian

edit: cant be arsed going back trough the jizz but you will either find a shorter shock from another car with same mounting style or shorten your own one. Ian will sort you either way

Sweet man, thanks, might give that 1 a go

shit and i thought everyone was over the cut spring bullshit years ago

its cheap and still makes the car low.. why not?

Because it is illegal!!!

We dont condone cutting of springs here. Dont be a cheap ass and do it properly...

You can either get custom springs made up to suit current shocks or you can get shocks and springs made up.

Or you can cross reference your spring diameter with other makes/models and then goto the kingspring manual.

The cheapest option is to find some kingsprings that will fit $200 a pair. Then get your current SHOCKS machined down $100 so it keeps the spring captive.

Those are your options. Ring your local spring maker to get more info on making springs as he should be able to make you something that will remain captive using the standard shock .. You can find him in the yellow pages under spring maker.

Thanks,

Bye.

yea but wats the problem with cutting them and captivating them??

basically the same as having kings in there really

i wud never cut springs and leave them flopping around.. im gonna do mine peoperly anyway, springs and shocks make up, and shoren shocks.. extra leaf in the springs at the back and reset them

yup, cut springs are bad. very very bad. never do it, never.

getting some rough bastard down at a spring shop to grab a bit of spring steel, cut it to the required length and taper the ends is different because it is called "custom springs" and costs a lot more than cutting the standard springs

:rolleyes:

No it isnt. If you look at your spring you will see that the top coils are differant and flatten off making them sit in the top cup and locate propely. Cutting them means they dont do this anymore.

Gaz

No it isnt. If you look at your spring you will see that the top coils are differant and flatten off making them sit in the top cup and locate propely. Cutting them means they dont do this anymore.

Gaz

maybe for your cars boe, my car has springs that dont flatten off at all and the top/bottom hats are shaped to accomosate no taper. I have cuts from the front of a commodore or something i grabbed from pick a part, are shorter stiffer and perfectly captive, what is the problem with my car

anyone have any ideas on where i can get shocks made up or a better way of doing it?

Call Chris at 'Suspention tech' 0272145325

He is the best shock guy in town and will help you get the setup you need tho he would wantyou to go for bilstens as they the best.