4age stopped working

Toucan

Car was sweet for ages, fuel pumps were acting up so decided to change the relay that controlled them, no more issues with fuel pump, fired up an gave it a rev after I had finished to check that it worked, all was okay. Went inside for the night. Next night I crank an crank and it coughs an splutters but no start?

Has fuel at rail and in tank, spark at coil, will borrow a plug socket tonight to check plugs, all other wiring is as it has always been, all relays click on when key is switched, tried various ecu's. Timing hasn't changed, cambelt is still in one piece.

What am I overlooking, what could have failed overnight. Had builders in our house that day and the bonnet was up but nothing appears sabotaged. Diagnostics gives a single flash of the engine check light every 5 seconds.

There is seriously not alot to check, the loom was cut right down to the bare minimum an im fairly familiar with it, it all appears sweet but still doesn't run, im truely stumped.

edited for diagnostics

Not willing to remove them unless absolutely necessary, I have no tvis plate and intake plenum is real close to head and there is no room to get tools in between to get at them. I also doubt they would fail overnight.

Think I'll buy new sparkplugs tonight incase, its had super 4's since I've had it, I've never had any problems but have heard they are shit

pull one of the plugs and clamp it onto the block and crank it to see if you've got spark.

try some different HT leads.

mine did a similar thing ages ago, left it another night and it all came back to normal. never worked out what was wrong.

Ghosts

How are the fuel filters?

Hasn't sucked up any crap which could be causing a block?

+1, also would be hitting up the builders' boss(es)

You or anyone didn't piss them off did you? sounds a bit suss/similar to many builders stories I've heard.

When my uncle was younger they had this old bird who was refusing to pay for some of their work, so they went fishing one weekend, then nail up the Gib, with the fish inside the wall cavity.

Nah didnt piss anyone off. I don't know what builders were used and not gonna ask property manager, we have already had enough trouble and are on our last life with this place I don't want to go accusing anyone just yet, plus they seemed like good dudes when I was chatting to them. Fucken weird man. Might try do NMR on the shit at work and find out what exactly it is

If you had goopy stuff all over the tips of your plugs it would be a reasonable assumption that the same shit is all over the tips of your injectors - chuck some good quality injector cleaner into the fuel and clean your plugs with some solvent like isopropol. Throw them back in and give it a whirl. (if you can splash out - why not chuck in a new F/Filter while you are at it)

I have found CRC (from BnT) and Wynns (from Repco) are the best choice injector cleaners (Redline from BnT is veeeeeery gooood but expensive)

Pretty sure vac hoses are sweet, theres only like 4.

Mate is getting me some injector cleaner, its toyota stuff, meant to be good. Also got a pre pump fuel filter and new hose clamps to be installed. Repco were gay and didn't have high pressure filter that matched my one, all the threads were different?

Got some crimps to redo one of the 12v feeds to the ecu.

The bosch super 4's got cleaned with some ethyl alcohol and a wire brush, will keep them on standby incase I break down.

Yahrgh should be smooth sailing by the end of today I hopes. Then wof tomorrow then time to fix bellett

Came right after a long italian tune up and a good drive, perhaps the ecu was unhappy with being unplugged, or the plugs were fouled, or the fuel was dirty, but whatever it was has come right.

Passed wof second time, had to replace a bulb and do an axle seal, easy!