NVMY R's, KRR31 Passage GT Turbo w/ pics

NVMY R

Hey guys, I'm Chris I live in Pukekohe, Manager of Car Tint Onehunga. I've just aquired an '85 HR31 Skyline Passage GT turbo, wanted a Cressida but this one came with a good price, it's stock as a rock with red top RB20DET. I've been scanning the net for info but can't really find anything on them aye. Who's the best person to talk to about these, 10-5?????

Update:

Ok I took some photo's in the weekend, only exterior and engine bay shots, Anyway here she is in all her rusty, banged up glory.

P8290043.jpgP8290044.jpgP8290042.jpgP8290041.jpgP8290040.jpgP8290039.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oi chris get back to work!

nah kidding but good score on the R31, RB20DET ones aren't too common. I reckon the rocker covers on them look way better than R32 and newer RB20DETs. tenfive would be your man to talk to about them, but good luck getting a word or two out of him.

ps Mitsubishi > honda

Awesome. That sounds way sweeter than a boring old Cressida!

kyteler seems to be the man about skylines, I would say Ed or Orion but he doesn't come here any more. I guess for parts trademe is always the easiest option but for most of us you can usually find what you are after through forums. I'm not sure what the best forum for middle era Nissans is. I looked at skylines down under recently and they were talking about drag trains and that only pussy's go 100km/h so perhaps thats not the best place for non-retarded information. I remember it being quite usefull years ago though.

Cheers for the link man, I know that this has the first of the DOHHC RB turbo's in it so it's a slug. I've been offered a whole crashed rb30sohc'd r31. Does anyone know if rb20 head and rb30 block mate up without too much trouble or would I have to go 25t head and 30 bottom end???

You're telling me you have what sounds like a mint rare JDM R31 w/ red-top RB20DET and you're going to slap some hybrid RB30 motor in it? Sounds like the guy who bought the GTS-X that had a JUN tuned and modified RB20DET in it that he then ripped out and put an RB26 into it and advertised it for sale as a GTS-R.

Each to their own I guess but if you're going to fuck with it, I would suggest just getting a shitty Aussie example and selling your one to someone else.

similar to the guy who is putting a rb motor in a c110 that you dont seem to have a problem with?

I think that putting a 30det in this would be stupid and if you were looking at an upgrade a late model rb20/25det transplant would be better/cheaper/more original. But at least hes keeping it in the same engine family. Like putting a l28 in somthing that was og l20/24/26