MJF's Austin

MichaelJFox

Metro.... :oops:

Strong Bros in Glenfield have the pump to fill suspension, you'll find at least two displacers will be shot out if it was driven lots on its arse.

At least its a hatchback and you can come and get all these Merc parts out of my shed

ta

Haha borg.

I've got an unmatched set of steels after I got my hands on a load of Merc bits.

What's in the shed?

Ah if its gonna end up costing heaps I'll just drive it till' it shits itself.

The engine is all good, guessing its gonna have fucked 'displacers' then?

Don't even wanna ask about the price.

Is it the same or similar suspension than a mini?

Same as Allegro, Princess, Maxi, MGF actually a wicked system when its not deflated. Basically its a citroen setup thats non adjustable and less complicated but somehow seems to shit itself most regularly...

My suggestion, cane it, take lol photos rallying it, daily it till it gets to be pig bait, get it pink stickered, roll onto roof on gravel road then rip out running gear and brakes and put into Mini clubman or chuck on tardme- profit

Speaking from experience, or make into convertible for lols..

3.jpg

Just reverse steels for max awesomeness, then come get parts from my shed

Got 2 grilles, 4 hubcaps, heaps of front lights, carbs, interior parts like switches dash clusters, handles etc

all too good to bin or I would have done already. Kept for X gf's 280E but she can go choke on a cyanide dildo

hence free to someone else..

Ah sweeeeet.

Are they the same as a mini then I guess?

I imagine it'd be a bitch, but nothing too impossible.

Can almost lift the car anyway :P

EDIT @ Sparkle: Haha, I could just drain the suspension in the rear aswell, but then I'll fuck the whole thing. Unless I can deflate it half or something? Will talk to the guy tomorrow.

Grill was pop riveted on, had to drill them out to fix the radiator fan, will screw it back tomorrow.

Hey ya.....Na they aint the same as mini.......I hav wreked a couple of metros.

Got a few bits lyin around.

I guess ya could get to them out from unda the guard.......Ya wana drain all the fluid out first.........they got sme pressure in them. I had one fly across the room.

I made a pump for the hydrolastic suspension out of a No Leak adaptor and a grease gun

It takes a fair bit of time to pump it up from empty but once it is up it is fairly easy to top up a slowly leaking unit.. takes me around 5 minutes to top up both sides of mine..

I think (only vaguely) that metro's have a 3rd fill nipple in the rear - my 1300 (and possibly minis) only has 2 nipples in the front and that connects the front and rear bags together on each side...

KK-Kolonel Ya rite bout the metro......they hav 3, one that links the back two hydro units and one for each side at the front.

The minis hav 2 nipples on the rear subframe run front to back like the 1300....dunno if they could fit anything else under the bonnet....haha

I hav herd bout makin a pump out of an master cylnder.

Cheers

Pretty sure there's NO fluid in the front ones anyway.

If you did happen to have spare ones that'd be awesome man, will check if they're broken tomorrow.

Mine has two nipples at the front, and I saw one on the passengers side back, never checked drivers side. (Will when morning comes)

EDIT: Guy at strongbro's is away till the 27th :rolleyes:

EDITED EDIT: Trying not to double post, keeps over heating on decent journeys, radiator leaks (Anyone got one for these engines?), and fan only come on when its passed boiling point, gonna set up an in cabin 'i'm-driving-so-turn-the-fan-on' switch.

I guess do a compression check. If the fan wasn't working maybe someone cooked it and blew the headgasket? The old A series is quite good at that. At least they are easy to change.

But yeah, these are cool. Don't drive a mini and get back into it though. You will be disappointed.

Yea, used to have a mini 800.

I can't do a compression check myself, but I guess I can take it somewhere.

Was just gonna lop the head off with the old man and change it anyway.

Just gotta find somewhere to up the suspension a tiny bit on the front and lower the back.

Strong Bro's is closed till the 27th.