Bucket seat suggestions...

ThePog

Have decided to put some more supportive seats into my X1/9 and I want some suggestions....

There are a couple of issues with doing it, mostly that the existing seats bases are only about 60mm thick - this to get the height down as it is such a wee car. The rails are welded directly to the floor for this reason too. Second is that the spare wheel is behind the drivers seat, so fixed back seats would be slightly difficult..

I checked out some old race seats today, which would have been ok had the front of the seat not flared out and interfered with shit + the high sides made it extremely difficult for old man ladaspeed to get in and out :cry:

Hence I have decided to go with some decent modern seats - rx7 or wrx etc type things, and with a fold forward back.

So has anyone got any suggestions? bear in mind that the base needs to be flat on the bottom and extremely thin so my head wont bang on the roof...

People often use MX5 seats in older cars. I'm not sure whether they are that good but I think their smaller dimensions due to being from small car suit what you are looking for. I'd guess perhaps STI seats may be a bit wide.

Fishnets might be the go if I can find some - seem to be a few sets on TM but not in the south.

Was also thinking that it might be worth getting the originals recovered with some better shaping/support in them - might be more economical in the long run, as I imagine Mr Wof will want a cert for shit like that sooner or later...