master cylinder for a home made pedal box

d.p.n.s

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you mean 'enough'?

If you are talking about the reseviour then they may be OK but you would be better with a M/C that accepts a remote reseviour as the ones you are looking at are going to be hell hard to fill with fluid if they are under the dash.

Have you made a wheel cylinder/bore size selection yet?

what calipers you gonna run?

in my stocky i use xf falcon front calipers,a piddly toyota rear caliper (1), and wrx master cyl..15/16" bore..

my clutch is a hydraulic throw out bearing type and is powered by a trojan type trailer master cyl..

works a treat....

im running mk2 discs up front

9" drums on the rear

and the 5 speed in hydraulic clutch

this is steves (sholdowa)one i have to KEEP i mean copy lol

made from a mk1 pedal box

img2573u.jpg

im just going to make the same and there is room for one

more master cylinder for the clutch and the just run

3 bottles on top.

dont know what sort of hoses to run with it ?

dan

Unless you are on a very strict budget have a think about using the same M/Cs as as Sholdowa.

They are not that expensive and you may get some second hand. I buy them new from Les Hunter in Christchurch for about $58 each I think. He also sells the remote reseviours.

I have some used ones I could sell but you will need to know what bore size you want first.

My shit v

dsc00678zp4.jpg

dsc00737ce9.jpg

Unless you are on a very strict budget have a think about using the same M/Cs as as Sholdowa.

They are not that expensive and you may get some second hand. I buy them new from Les Hunter in Christchurch for about $58 each I think. He also sells the remote reseviours.

I have some used ones I could sell but you will need to know what bore size you want first.

My shit v

dsc00678zp4.jpg

dsc00737ce9.jpg

thats what ill do then mate

what did you use for the hoses?

The hoses are fuel line I think. Les sold it to me but he also told me I could just use somthing else but I can't remember exactly what the alternative was.

You want me to go have a look at the workshop and let you know what hose type it is?

auto brake n clutch in palmy, less than 40 each trade. recommend 5/8th for road car. make own resivour or one from a van.

5/8 for clutch? sweet just so happen to have one in my workshop form the surf :mrgreen: ... how do i know if i purchased something like this;

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =225996301

if it will match 5/8" mater cylinder? have asked him but got a feeling he wont know.