EP70 hack cutting out!

Alistair

Right, thought I'd get some insight or suggestions from you knowledgeable folk as to why the starlet is cutting out!

The car = ep70 starlet with 4e-fte and v5 link ecu.

First a bit of background. Had the car dyno tuned a couple weeks back (197whp BOOYAH!) and bought a new battery for it the next day as the old one was getting hard to start in the mornings and died out quickly. Anyway the day after new battery went in the car started cutting out, both driving and idling. So if you were driving along in gear the rev counter would just drop to 0 and the car would just murble along to a stop. You could then turn the key straight away and start it up again, and sometimes it took turning off the key then back on. It then dies not further down the road! Frustrating as shit!

So anyway have been trying bits and pieces to try and stop the cutting out, swapped coil, leads, tried simons (chair bowl) ignitor, checked link diagnostics to no avail, swapped old battery over, checked the alarm etc.

Anyone have any idea or suggestions as to what the fuck is going on here or what I can do to solve it. Or even anyone that has an idea what they're doing who can come have a looksy for some beers/firm handshakes?

Cheers all.

Thought about that, although I have put the tune back onto the link with the same problem still there. Tune is definately fine too when its going it goes apeshit, just doesnt stay going! :lol:

its not somthing silly like a blocked fuel filter?.

given that it happened when you changed the battery the day after you got it tuned id be leaning towards it has something to do with the tune

if not its a damn annoying coincidence

does it always happen at certain engine conditions i.e no load coasting after accel? maybe something to do with returning to closed loop??

or a fucked/loose sensor killing a feed ?

given that it happened when you changed the battery the day after you got it tuned id be leaning towards it has something to do with the tune

if not its a damn annoying coincidence

does it always happen at certain engine conditions i.e no load coasting after accel? maybe something to do with returning to closed loop??

or a fucked/loose sensor killing a feed ?

I would think tune but I have put old tune on with same effect and it was going sweet on the dyno, after the dyno and when i drove it home with old battery.

Also like I say cant pinpoint it to a certain time, you can leave it idling in the driveway not touching it and it will die by itself, or driving along under load, under no load etc and cut out. Too freakin random.

Thought about that, although I have put the tune back onto the link with the same problem still there. Tune is definately fine too when its going it goes apeshit, just doesnt stay going! :lol:

its not somthing silly like a blocked fuel filter?.

I reckon this mans got it

Had a similar problem with mate in CHCH a few years ago at d1, car keep cutting out

would run fine for a bit but would then jsut cut out

tried everything, had car on dyno, all sorts of crazy metres, tried everything

then last resort the tuner was like have you checked your fuel filter

opened it up cleaned it out and bang wollah problem solved