Bonez 72' ford taunus

Brock-Lee

How do they even move with just the lil pinto!]/quote]

There not a huge car boe.

You want a under powered old Ford imagine a XD Falcon with an asthmatic 2.1 4cyp diesel or a crap 2.3L petrol v6 and you have the low spec mk2 Granada.

Thanx for the love guys!

It was really kool to see a discussion page started by someone else! I guess i really am in the right spot!

I loved this forum from the 1st time ive seen it and now that i have my own fans :D i can only love it more.

To answer all ov ya: 1st, im italian, but know a lot about fords cause i spent 7 or so years in london, england.

I suppose there arent any in Oz or NZ as you have the MK III Cortina, like in the UK,

The Taunus is the European version for what i know, no body panel is shared but they look a lot alike, the rear

of the 'tina is fatter w/ a longer parcel tray, and another clue i remember is the larger kudsel nose and smaller but

in the same spot front indicators.There is more, also by an historic point o view but i cant remember how the

story goes really and dont wanna speak if im not 100% sure of what im sayin!

It is of course the same size as the MK 3, so the pinto is a good candidate for power.

Then last but not least, the pinto is not a super powerful engine, it really is kinda crappy in stock form,

I suppose the main reason of its popularity was that until some years ago it was a cheap as hell

platform to start w/ as junkyards where full of sierras and transits w/ the now much sought after 205 block, and then

it had and still has tons of good quality aftermarket speed parts available to make it a back yard built rocket!

Hope i havent been to long and boring!

Will keep the pics flowin as soon as i paint the beater!

Peace, Voodoo Nick.

Then last but not least, the pinto is not a super powerful engine, it really is kinda crappy in stock form,

I think you missed the bit of sarcasim that was in there.

Theres a line floating round this forum about how you should "put a pinto in it!"

And Gaz making a comment like that is ... well, :?:?:?:? ing

:mrgreen::mrgreen:

I think you missed the bit of sarcasim that was in there.

:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Yeah sorry, didnt read too carefully, but then again, im havin a hard time understandin sum of what you guys say, sometimes im not sure if ya all write in "typo-sms style", or if its the kiwi english thats so diffrent, thing is that i had a few collegues and friends from NZ back when i was in england, and aside from the accent i dont remember it bein way diffrent.....anyway, all kool, i dont take

stuff seriously usually,probably i just need to get to know ya guys a lil better.

Hey Raizer, what about the 302 powered one? Here in EU theres many V8 converion taunus but mostly w/ big billet rims that look like shite......also, apparently other than not having old skool taunus ive only seen 1 mk3 cortina on the picture threads...is there any reason why its not so popular? In the UK theres plenty of'em done up in any style, from rats to top buck drag cars and all in between, even few on juice......like these,sweet if it wasnt for those wheels :( !

Theres also juiced taunuses but have to dig pics as at the mo' i aint got a clue where theyre stored.....

DSC00312.jpg

retro4.jpg