10Speed's daily 350z

10Speed

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mods.

Re-flashed ecu (higher rev. limit & removed speed limit)

HKS Springs

HKS front shocks

Bilstien rear shocks

Converted to twin exhaust (not just twin tip)

Volk TE37's 19's

HKS cai

and have removed cwest body kit & gt wing that was on when purchased

214 kW when they leave the factory...

Nice to drive - still know its a 'big' car though and the ecu won't allow the brake and throttle to be pressed simultaneously )-:

Generally pleased I chose this over a smaller turbo engine...

dude, so i had no idea ever that the dude with the 350z was 10speed haha, the failings of the internet.

tis a sweet car man, how did you find it going round the track?

Allan

was pretty enjoyable around the track, felt really planted though tended to understeer more than oversteer but that might have just been my poor technique. Was my first outing so don't have much to compare it to...

• 2 weeks later...
god i love te37 wheels

amen, was looking for an evo or wrx until I saw those wheels

Ouch, glad you settled on one of these.

I'm a bit of a fan of it. Looked quite good out on the track, as I assume these things weigh a bit?

Looks like it has a tidy mod list too. Any future plans with it or just to daily and track hack once in a while?

Ouch, glad you settled on one of these.

I'm a bit of a fan of it. Looked quite good out on the track, as I assume these things weigh a bit?

Looks like it has a tidy mod list too. Any future plans with it or just to daily and track hack once in a while?

Yeah the curb weight is about 1500kg so its def. not the lightest.

There are a few more mod's I like to do, next on the list are heavier sway bars and new plenum. For now it will stay as a daily/track day combo car.

costed up a set of swaybars this afternoon... a little pricier than I anticipated (SAS Manukau, anyone recommend anyother shops?) but probably still worth it...

but the guy also tried to sell me on this:

A suspension ecu upgrade that plays with the acceptable settings for the electronic stability control programme. A pretty interesting idea, though its anything but old school

A dude at the drift school at Teretonga on Saturday had his missus 350Z out there, have to say, other than one dedicated drift car, he was doing way better in it than any of the other peeps out there during the "school" phase. Was pretty sweet to watch actually, he even spun it once and almost assed it into the tyres which would have been fun to explain to the missus.

Personally, I'd have the 350GT over the Z.

• 2 weeks later...
Personally, I'd have the 350GT over the Z.

Why's that? Are they a fair bit cheaper? Same motors and stuff tho right?

Running gear is the same, obviously body lines are different and there is a fair bit more room in the GT however most people believe the Z has a better chassis - more rigid and better balanced... However the 350GT seems to be quite a bit rarer, especially in manual form which is pretty appealing

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...