Alistair

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Im readyish for trackday!

Cutting out issue is fixed. Clutch is gone in it, starting to slip in 4th. Will throw new clutch in next weekend.

Also, made 147kw atw on 17.5psi which has got it honking.

Also, just got told Glenn decided he wanted to run more boost, so car is now running 21psi.

That should do the trick :twisted:

• 2 months later...

Semi update on this b-boy.

21psi saw the end of the glanza motor. Pretty sure it blew headgasket and cracked ringland within a week. Sourced a complete motor and loom from an ep82 GT, stripped everything off it I didnt need, skimmed flywheel and put my mega clutch back on and all the other gear. All running sweet on 13psi after a few issues (namely me leaving an intercooler pipe off and wondering why it wouldnt boost) :rolleyes:

Now its started to develop its weird cutting out issue again, have had a mate glenn go through everything to no avail so have sent the link down to Chch to be looked at as we've pretty much come down to that as the last possible problem with it.

So, hopefully link can fix it and I can get back to driving this as my Peugeot 406 bores the shit out of me so I'm giving that to the mrs to drive. Plans are to rape daily as before, run too much boost, wheelspin lots and blow it up again. At which time I want to have a forged 4e built for it to crank some stupid boost.

So glad I didnt decide to sell, is way to lols to get rid of.

Have had the word back from link. Bad power supply in the link was causing it to drop power to the whole ecu. Freakin stoked to finally find what it was!

Back to driving this bad boy this week hopefully!

On another note, anyone have a relatively good priced EBC?

• 2 months later...

Still rocking this steez. Fuck its sweet. Running 18psi again, is fucking nuts, engine mount is knackered so am in the process of finding a set of mounts that I can have cast in 8A urethane to biff in it.

Plans soon when I have some more business stz out of the way is some BC golds, a semi interior strip and possibly half cage. Will also look at upgrading to a newer link so I can get things Like IAT sensor to further tune it in the higher map range so I can get away with running big boost without it being such a grenade.