Turning off + brake probs + NOW IGINITION PROBLEMS - UPDATED

solidstripe

Two problems for you to show of your vast awesomeness on...

1) The mysterymobile doesn't like turning off after the key turns off. It'll sit there and cough and splutter for a bit before it dies or I'll stall it on purpose to hurry it up. Had a total fit outside the bakery the other day after I turned the key off and hopped out, and just stood there for ages as it was coughing and hopping... was rofl's galoore! Anything I can do to remedy the situation?

2) The rear drivers side brake locks up super easy. Even at 30-40 km's it'll scretch for ages down the road rolling up to a intersection with slight to moderate pressure on the brake pedal. It want's to vear right when it does it so I presume it's the drivers side locking up and skidding while the passengers side still rolls. Going on a couple of roadys over the holidays and don't particlary want it locking up all over the show. Any idea's?

Churrs!

carbon deposits on piston

- these stay hot and will ignite the fuel

or your timings out a bit

pull rear wheels off and scope out the brakes

- probably a ceased piston/cylinder or has been adjusted poorly

too higher idle will do it too

1 = High Idle, Advanced Timing, Carbon Deposits, Vacuum Leak

I would reset the idle to 750rpm, set the timing to 8 degrees advance

2 = Brake Contamination, Maladjusted Brakes

Remove the rear brake drums, check for leaks or damaged brake shoes, clean the dust out (with water is best) and adjust the rear shoes properly

That is all

• 2 weeks later...

OK, NEW PROBLEM, URGENT HELP NEEDED:

as I'm off camping tomorrow morning bright and early.

My van wasn't turning over so got a new battery, that wasn't the probelm, so mechanic said I need a new starter, choice. Problem fixed for about a week.

Now it's got the same problem back (all electrics running, fuel pump whirring etc, but won't turn over and start up). Push starts fine.

But the indicators only blink once now, the lights are a bit dim, the horn is really quiet and my cd player's turning off and on. (mostly off)

Any idea's what the problem is? Surely if it's the starter motor again, it wouldn't make these electric things go funny? I need help urgently! If anyone has any ideas, please let me know!!

Fuse? Dodgy wiring? Earthing? Starter? Alt?