xsspeed's Premier Project

xsspeed

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is some dude who makes bolt in 9"ers for HQ/X/Z by using a 9" nugget and centre housing and using the axle tubes from a HQ/X/Z Salisbury diff. All apparently for a reasonable price.

I can try and ask more details next time I see JB but that may not be for a month or so.

I have been told this works.

Holden tubes, axles, brakes.

Assuming i have a 9 inch housing to go with these two 9 inch diff heads and the holden live axle diffs I already have I can see the merit in doing as kk and all torque suggest but I will just weigh it up and decide. Good to have the options

Assuming you can get a sploder diff as cheap as I did the whole diff will cost you less than a LSD/spool for a 9"

• Like 1

As I said most of them are, I checked out 6 of them looking for bargains and they were all LSD. Prices here ranged from $300-$600, pretty sure more people have cottoned on to them as a few wreckers knew what they had. Get the D shaft if you can for the mounting UJ/flange on the diff end also. Get cam to price you one. 8.8's are what ford replaced the 9" with in 1986, they came out in 1 billion mustangs so have stacks of aftermarket stz if needed.

Oh check your stock diff width also as I have no idea, don't want to chuck one in and get all be all KK spec :)

Ok there are a couple of caveats if you go diff hunting. You want a 94-ish up one as it has disc brakes and some real POS spec ones have a 7.5" diff which you don't want. LSD ones should have a tag on the rear cover, but I found that if they have ever had the oild changed (you need to drop the rear cover to do it) then the tag is normally missing. I would drop the rear cover on any diff I bought before paying money and check the LSD.

• Like 1