xsspeed's Premier Project

xsspeed

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you only have a 9" head you really don't have fuck all, housing and axles will cost you $$. You could find cheap stuff, but 9" stuff has the name/rep, its not even that great stock (get a 12 bolt etc). 8.8 from a exploder is all you need and you get a LSD and fancy disc brakes from day one, shit even if you pay like $800 for a sploder diff its still a bargin. P76 discs up front and bam, ford and Leyland parts in your GM mayte.

If you only have a 9" head you really don't have fuck all, housing and axles will cost you $$. You could find cheap stuff, but 9" stuff has the name/rep, its not even that great stock (get a 12 bolt etc). 8.8 from a exploder is all you need and you get a LSD and fancy disc brakes from day one, shit even if you pay like $800 for a sploder diff its still a bargin. P76 discs up front and bam, ford and Leyland parts in your GM mayte.

aint no leyland parts coming near this man lol I want to stay with GM stud so I'll pay for axles anyway. Would be ken on a 12 bolt, might even sell this ford gear to fund one

There is some dude who makes bolt in 9"ers for HQ/X/Z by using a 9" nugget and centre housing and using the axle tubes from a HQ/X/Z Salisbury diff. All apparently for a reasonable price.

I can try and ask more details next time I see JB but that may not be for a month or so.

I'll eat a small hat if you can get a 9" in this thing with a LSD and disc brakes for cheaper than a sploder diff, even if you change the stud pattern on the 8.8" it will be cheaper. The P76 disks are essentially the same as your precious holden ones with a ford stud a pattern, they had to use a % of dingo parts on them.

Lol, steeb, whatchoo going to do, neutral drops launches everywhere? Let's be honest, you're going to cruise most places and barely even try to do a burnout. Get the most simple, basic trans and put that 3.5 rear in it. Don't start crying for fuel economy when you're putting a BB in your car, you fucking fruitcake. Sell those fucking yuck Corollas and get this thing legit. Leyland/Ford/Gm car or no car. Hmm, that doesn't quite work as well as Mopar or no car but it'll fucking do mayte, it'll fucking do.

• Like 1

calm yer tits ya girls blouse OMS :P

I mentioned not bad burnouts and errone reckons im out to smash some diffs? I was just saying what i've got and asking whats best/easiest

My point re OD was tongue in cheek, of course this thing will be as thirsty as speenos buick, I was just querying 4l80s vs th400s.

Btw I got some more mesh rims for my corolla to paint gold

I'll take a pepsi challenge that it will use more gas than the Buick :)

Anyway don't worry about OMS he probably just has his period. As a technician steeb just doesn't know what gear to use yet, he wants some shit that wont break when he chirps the wheels at the traffic lights to impress some sheelas.

454/TH400/8.8 and done.

• Like 2