low n slows mk1 2door

d.p.n.s

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha have been on n off lots of times will put correct way around when the day comes for it to be driven, today wasn't it couldn't get the brakes working as well as I had hopped will get back to OS with questions once i do a little more research. Incorrect size cylinders possibly. or air lock dono.

What muffler you guys recommend? has to be 2.5 inch for class regs.

Re the brakes . . . HELP

The master cylinders are size 5/8's each for the front and back.

Calipers front = Austin princess 4 pot with 5/8 master

Calipers front = FXGT (single floating large pot type?) with 5/8 master

So basicly I cant get the brakes to bleed up firm, there is only about 20mm of firm throw before they hit the fire wall if that.

if i pump the pedal fast it seems to firm up and feel good but then leave it for 3 seconds and the padal just looses its pressure and hits the fire wall.

Were to start. this is all i can think off:

An air lock? as it was a dry 1st time bleed system?

Wrong size resiviors?

Brake lines leaking from me not flaring a line properly? a few joints leaked from not being tightened enough at the start.

Might have to drop it of at ABC for them to have a look at.

Will be messy on your new floor bro..

But you need to take off the lines then put your finger over the port and pump the pedal slowly.. Should only take 3 to 4 pumps to get fluid into the M/Cyl..

Alternatively use a vacuum bleeder - which not too many people have...

Will be messy on your new floor bro..

But you need to take off the lines then put your finger over the port and pump the pedal slowly.. Should only take 3 to 4 pumps to get fluid into the M/Cyl..

Alternatively use a vacuum bleeder - which not too many people have...

Ok cheers KK, might be worth getting ABC to do it, so they can check over everything also. they seem like mega GC's. I imagine purchasing one of those vacume kits/tools would be mega spensive.

sounds like the wrong size m/cylinder. thats what mine was doin before i put the 1" bore on. the pedal was working like a hydraulic pump before hand, lots of pumpin gave firm pedal but once you left it the fluid went back to the reservoir and back to square one.

Could be a leaking seal in cylinder also or were they new?

FYI I think UJ has a vaccum bleeder.

I would start by blocking off each line with vice grips/proper tool one at a time from the futherest away from the master first. If you have the problem after blocking them all its your master.. if not you will find the culprit along the way..

Gaz

Gaz

Could be a leaking seal in cylinder also or were they new? EVERYTHING IS NEW

FYI I think UJ has a vaccum bleeder. SOLD IT DIDN'T HE?

I would start by blocking off each line with vice grips/proper tool one at a time from the futherest away from the master first. If you have the problem after blocking them all its your master.. if not you will find the culprit along the way.. BRAIDED LINES SO CANT DO THAT AND HAVING THEM CLOSED WOULD JUST BE THE SAME THING WOULDN'T IT?

Gaz

Gaz

austin princess calipers used a 22mm bore if that helps which is a bit more than 5/8. pedal ratio may also play some part maybe?

Oh brilliant I couldn't find that info anywhere cheers mate

Yes that's exactly what mines doing stop pumping and the bloody fluid returns to the reservoir and over flows if you have topped up!