Leigh's 1970 Opel GT

leigh

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks lads, they didn't get the car the little pricks, they just made a mess of it. Thing is, the starter is dead and the replacement was in my house! Plus, there are no brakes at all so if they had started it they would've killed it on the first corner. They didn't take anything out of it either, I had loads of tools and stuff and it was all left - thank god cos I've no money after buying the feckin car in the first place!!!!

I reckon his balls would look well hangin from my exhaust when I catch him

Man that sucks,

Bunch of muppets, mine got failed at getting broken into (god knows what they wanted to steal, was nothing of value in it) - They mashed the drivers lock, but couldnt get in (how do you fail at breaking into an early 80's car ffs!) Solexs now..

• 4 months later...

Got a little bit done on the GT this last while but i'm still trying to find a driver's window. Got the new gearbox to go in and i have to get the wiring done over cos i'm a spa when it comes to electrics. Getting some goodridge braided hoses for the brakes now and some ebc pads and i have to look at changing the rear drums cos it'll be fairly over-braked at the front now with the disk/calipers upgrade.

The winter weather did the paint work no favours either - its all bubbles under the paint in the entire front of the car. The previous owner lost a wheel at speed at some stage in the past few years and i think he had a quick spray over done which might have had water under the paint and it froze and blistered? Perhaps? Anyway, i've been toying with the idea of a colour change since i bought the car as i'm not a fan of red cars (although i currently own three - it just worked out that way!). Thinking of a dark blue with some candy in it?

must return comments leigh. Your car is fucking ace! Hannah and i went to look at one for sale in london. Fuck it was rusty. Alot of people think they are fibre glass so nice are the curves. Nup- and fuck they can rust! We walked away.

As for wheels fellas- i'm bringing a container back to nz at end of the year. With a a car and lots of parts.:)......

Alex

Thanks man, i do love your mazda and to think it survived in weather similar to mine! As bad as the weather is in england its worse here - every day is like waking up in a Charles Dickens novel. In fairness mine hasnt been to bad for rust - it spent the majority of its life in the middle east and then in dry storage in England so its only now getting to grips with constant rain and persistent greyness!

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

hey liegh im a long way from standing in a shed in roundwood looking out at the pissing rain,cant find rain here i've even looked for it having withdrawl symptoms!!!

did you ever get some pics put together of all the motors? the tiger is all i have left thread on her but its still in wicklow the brother is finishing it off so hope it will be done after xmas we will see.

how u gettin on in the snow :D

• 1 month later...