Rev Limiter

NewGuy

There is also a NZ made adjustable one on the market called a Revrite.

Google it I guess as I don't know where to buy one.

I think two things:

1) A rev limiter is a good idea

2) Do you really think your motor could over rev when driven? I am not having a go, I truely do not know.

Yup she does have a good bit of poke now........

2nd and 3rd are very poky.

It over revs when you loose grip in 1st in 2nd maybe different now with new tyres etc

And when you drop from 4th over drive to 3rd gear to take some cunt

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't buy common sense at a store bro.

It's a shame, because that's about all you should need as a rev limiter.

You have never missed a gear? You will be thankful you have a limiter when you do!

My 3tgte dosn't have a limter from factory, and I plan on setting mine at 6k. Has anyone used those jaycar of trademe ones?

You have never missed a gear? You will be thankful you have a limiter when you do!

My 3tgte dosn't have a limter from factory, and I plan on setting mine at 6k. Has anyone used those jaycar of trademe ones?

Does he roll a high power retro fit in his Trump? Nope, pretty sure he's rocking the standard engine. I don't think he has the need for a rev limiter.

Reminds of this time driving along in my work van.

Main road doing 100ish, go to pass a car on passing lanes so decide to chop it down.

Ended up missing 4th and moving across to 2nd. Van did not like that so much, but it got over it.

Compression slide ftrofls

My brother was racing his mate one time; brother in 308 V8 Q ute, his mate in 308 Z sedan; column shift manual, brother missed the gear slotted it into reverse, fuck she slid, was hilarious. So much for reverse lockout ahahah. Good times.

Does he roll a high power retro fit in his Trump? Nope, pretty sure he's rocking the standard engine. I don't think he has the need for a rev limiter.

Yea the standard engine that doesn't like over reving, Hence wanting to know about a Rev Limiter.

Cunt

^ Tis a good remedy for understeer indeed.... but a rev limiter does not stop the careless driver from over revving his fragile engine on over run. I have done it myself.

How is that?

You can still over rev your motor and fuck it by changing down a gear too early when braking (in a manual). No rev limiter will stop that happening and it is surprisingly easy to do when driving hard and concentrating on everything else

^ Tis a good remedy for understeer indeed.... but a rev limiter does not stop the careless driver from over revving his fragile engine on over run. I have done it myself.

How is that?

You can still over rev your motor and fuck it by changing down a gear too early when braking (in a manual). No rev limiter will stop that happening and it is surprisingly easy to do when driving hard and concentrating on everything else

Ahhh my bad, yea i carnt see that happening on the track as i won't be going fast enough in slug.

On the road i just switch the overdrive off and on in either 3rd or 4th so great for geting to work in the morning like driving a auto but when you wanna drive it it tunrs manual.