nzsubbie 1973 Subaru 1400 GSR

nzsubbie

Christ, How many Subaru's do you have?

Can make out 5 in one picture, and then I saw the ones listed in your sig....

I reckon leave standard colour, newer motor (read: more powerful), Lowered on Pursuit style steel wheels with a thin white walls or Redlines..

Thats a few Subarus therre. Nice buy. Paint it, lower it then leave it. Beautiful car. So you drove in from Aux back down to Chch?

i mite lower it an bit more. its handels pretty well for its age. think i mite paint it bright yelo.

yeas i drove it all that way.

i dnt think i touch the motor till it desides 2 play up. since the motor has already been rebuilt.

the motors had trouble with the wet liners leaking or something?

when i do go to play round with the motor it get hotted up an wee bit.

also going to drop an 5 speed in to it. just got to find the late 70s front wheel drive 5speed gearbox coz that should bolt straight on

• 2 weeks later...

yeas i could but also motor had very low oil in it 2. and i had to drive it back with the water leak. had to fill it with river water once 2 lol. i was right out of town and almost no cell reception. so pretty much once it got just over opprating temp then i let it sit for an while to cool down. then i would pour the water i had in it and drive it to till it got that hot again.

took an few hours to drive not even 30km. made it to an servo that was open. brought some oil, some duct tape and water stop leak stuff.

repaired the leak from the hose with the duct tape. i filled up the oil and poured the stop leak in water more water and that helped slow the leak down

managed to drive it bak and wouldnt go over the normal opprating temp which was good.

havnt atemped to pull the pump off yet as i still need to move car from where it is