will this fuel rail set up work?

eke_zetec_RWD

Guest vvega

i was only talking about that diagram with a single reg

forced your still a fucken dumbarse always looking to stir shit aye ya pathetic POS

right said fred . i glad to see that sombody realised what eddie atually means

thats why they fit 2 regs as per factory..on cars with parralel rails and if teh pulsing wasent a issue....why would they fit dampners

currents can be visualized as water moving against the primary current to "back-fill" an abandoned space

never mind waste of fucken time yet again

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest vvega

with a regulator at the end of each rail you effectively make it a one way street stopping any sort of circulatory effect

as a injector fires the fuel moves to take its place with parallel rails if you fired the injectors in one direction you can make the fuel swirl though the rails in a given direction

any sort of fuel turbulence etc cause pressure differentials @ the MOI thus making lag in fuel delivery and difficult fueling

thats why we have dampeners ETC to reduce these effects

Guest vvega

alot of manufactures put the dampeners in the pump

and no your statement in a complete load of shit

flow is related to pressure and that is related to duty cycle and vacuum pressure if you have a vacuum regulator

unless your running a carb then you need to fuck right off actually you need to fuck off anyways

If the pump is running at a fixed voltage, then the total fuel flow will be constant, regardless of engine load.

This is more or less true assuming you voltage regulator/battery system supplies a constant voltage.

flow is related to pressure and that is related to duty cycle and vacuum pressure if you have a vacuum regulator

unless your running a carb then you need to fuck right off actually you need to fuck off anyways

It depends on the age of the vehicle if the manufacturers do anything with the pump to reduce flow under different conditions.

Flow through an orifice is related to pressure - i.e. flow through the injectors

Flow though the regulator is related to flow through the injectors - the more goes out the injectors, the less goes through the regulator.

Or just fuckit and get a Carb - be way cooler

Big%2044%20IDF%20Weber.jpg

Guest vvega
If the pump is running at a fixed voltage, then the total fuel flow will be constant, regardless of engine load.

This is more or less true assuming you voltage regulator/battery system supplies a constant voltage.

It depends on the age of the vehicle if the manufacturers do anything with the pump to reduce flow under different conditions.

Flow through an orifice is related to pressure - i.e. flow through the injectors

Flow though the regulator is related to flow through the injectors - the more goes out the injectors, the less goes through the regulator.

huh ?

pressure changes flow ...right so when your regulator changes the rail pressure...flow stays the same... i don't think so

read what i said and understand it before you post it would also help if you understood a few more basics as well

vacuum is related to engine load in a fuel circuit and vacuum controls the regulated presure

so there is no way at all that you can have constant flow as the pressure is increased or decreased

so many people with a opinion on things they have no idea on

Ive never seen so many experts with no fucken clue

Oh and look the guy thats wanted the help has made a hash of it

surprise surprise

huh ?

pressure changes flow ...right so when your regulator changes the rail pressure...flow stays the same... i don't think so

read what i said and understand it before you post it would also help if you understood a few more basics as well

vacuum is related to engine load in a fuel circuit and vacuum controls the regulated presure

so there is no way at all that you can have constant flow as the pressure is increased or decreased

so many people with a opinion on things they have no idea on

Ive never seen so many experts with no fucken clue

Oh and look the guy thats wanted the help has made a hash of it

surprise surprise

Ok I cocked that up a bit, wasnt thinking about the fuel pressure rising with boost. Even so, I would definitely want the fuel pump to have headroom over injector flow even at the worst case maximum boost/100% duty cycle.

But really if your using 20mm ID fuel rail, I would doubt you need to bother splitting the fuel rail unless you think your going to be making 1000hp or something ridiculous.

Ignoring most of what lies between this post and your quote :

ok this is what iv done.

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/7043/fuelvg8.jpg

fuel rails are made of 20mm id stainless pipe. all fuel lines are 3/8th. regulator is rising rate 1.7 to 1.

Excellent, except wtf is a rising rate regulator doing within 100 feet of an engine??? Are you going to all this trouble and then hacking your fuel supply?

Fixed rate of 1:1 and engine management of your choice is the way to go.

Dampers are a good thing to have, but not critical. I kept mine because I'm fussy. Many throw them away and suffer no ill consequences.

Fred.