will this fuel rail set up work?

eke_zetec_RWD

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you'll be running batch injection right one driver per bank? I can just see you having massive fluctuation problems when all injectors fire at once at high duty cycles without a constant flow in the rail. People have this problem with decent injectors on normal setups

Yeah, the fuel will boil away at a stop, and overheat while running too (recircing the same heated fuel repeatedly)

Even better than suggested is putting a Y before and after so the pump feeds one Y that feeds both rails at one end and they exit into another Y which goes to the reg and then back to the tank.

Fred.

Guest vvega

parallel fuel curcuits are stupid...with the injector pulsing you can end up with some stupid eddy currents fuel delivery issues

If you want 2 fuel rails, you really need a reg at the end of each one, teed together.

Your pic , the fuel will get hot as it's not circulating, best case it might keep stalling, worst case it might lean out and detonate and be really hard to tune. Hot fuel is less dense so leaner AFR.

wouldnt the pulses be at such a high frequency that they couldnt even be measured and there fore wont matter a fuck?

one pulse per revoultion. thats fast

Fuel pressure variation is an issue, but I would say no more on a parallel setup than a normal inline one. OEMs install fuel pressure dampers to smooth these out (like a shock in your suspension or capacitor in a circuit). If your setup has one use it, if you can retro fit so that there is one on each rail, all the better.

In fairness to vvvvvv I understand eddy current to mean in flow of water as well as electricity too. I don't think it's a real issue specific to parallel feeds though.

Fred.