Throttle Jammed open HELP!

Gaz

Just went to save Chris as his car was broke. Drove home with only full throtle jammed on, wasnt so fun haha.

Anyways. 2l pinto, 32/36 webber downdraft.

Linkages are all free.

using the linkage on the carb I can squirt fuel and fully open both butterflies.

Both butterflies are in closed position as should be when no linkages are being touched by me... I.e the linkage is returning to closed position

Prob is..

turn key and engine just revs like a fucker.. no matter if you pump the gas or fiddle the linkages??

WTF can this be?

i had a similar problem with a 32/36, but only when it was hot so i don't know if it helps much. But it was a gasket and a hairline crack when heated up it expanded the crack(also happend on a 63 tiger my dad had but with a head) wasn't quite full throttle though. But check all the vacuum likes and the butterfly's as well.

It must be an air leak or such because if it was fuel it would just flood. manifold maybe? probly a long shot though.

Yeah do you know where the screw is? Pop out the top or something? Ugly if it did go down the manifold.

We are fairly confident we saw it drop down the engine bay as the carb was removed from the manifold however we cant be certain as it was dark. Gaze said you would hear straight away if it was in there loving life :S

when i read the title of this thread i lol'ed, i thought "OMG!! he's driving down the road with the throttle wide open desperately typing on his laptop asking for help"

laugh i did!!

haha on my fast and furious motec laptop

Prob pull plugs out and wind it over tonight incase it is down there tho. blow the cunt out... Im sure if it was down there we would know bout it by now tho

Guest WESTCORT

had this on the eski before, on mine one of the springs snapped that returns the second throat to normal position.

in other notes i reckon 7000rpm will sort the screw out. but maybe its thinking like this which is why i cant get my car going :doubt:

Dropped an aircleaner nut into the carb on my old KE36, I knew it was in there because the engine turned 1/2 a revolution and then locked solid. If something has dropped down into the engine, you'll know.