Ultra dudd 2000's '79 Cressida Coupe

Goat

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Local mechanic here recons he's a whiz with the toyota v8s and has made heaps of auto gearbox's work by sequential shift. He said as long as it isnt tiptronic then he should get it going.

Yeah man its me. Jeff! You gotta get yourself around these parts for a drunken couple of nights! Either that or probably better we go there

^ na keen for a journey to whakas once trackday is over bro got heaps to do. Um oh yea so he just directly controls the solenoids and has a flappy paddle type arrangement? he wouldnt be able to set it up to run full auto would he? unless he has designed a micro to run it.

oh well solenoids was the wrong word in the accumulators theres a spring that acts to slip the clutches abit between changes if this spring is firmer by way of shims or a new spring it will punch through the gears alot harder, some nutters just replace the spring with a rod. Done it on a a340 ages ago theres articles on it around. God knows what shits like on the six speed though

Flange this is in fact brads old one, if its the same one in the picture

mean

Men. Thought it was.

So i take it the 6 speed auto is a techy unit. Non of the ruggard as Th400 stz with a lever on the side? Is it all electronic?

it isnt toooo techy but the ecu from the ls430 controls the motor and the gearbox..

If I know what you mean by the lever on the side then yeah this one does still have the shifting lever on the side. Pictures coming real soon!

I think he got it cos it was cheap, as they are so new, none have shat themselfs yet, and no one really wants them, most ppl chuck in manuals, so no demand for them. The guy thats fitting it aint 100% sure he can make it a manual shift, but hes gonna have a go, hes a clever cunt, so should be able to set it up some how.

Firstly yeah it was cheap so I bought it without really knowing if it'd work. Then secondly I've always wanted a 6 speed ever since I was little and loved ferraris and lambos coming out with them. Thirdly... This should be a first time for something like this to happen..

Will be interesting!

If I know what you mean by the lever on the side then yeah this one does still have the shifting lever on the side. Pictures coming real soon!

Then cant you jsut set it up like any ol auto? except with 6 gears :D ftw

Or do you want it paddleshift stz?

^ flange without the 3uz computer there to tell it what to do full auto would be a cunt to set up. If you were good with a micro you could set something up to shift it for you or there is off the shelf controllers for the old a340 dont know about the 6 speed