solidstripes gloria

thminiman

This car is seriously the only reason I visit OS now. No joke, I practically check every day to see if you've uploaded more pics :P

I think it goes without saying, MORE PICS.

To be totally honest I wouldn't put that visor on it - looks like a bloody bug catcher. Anyway, whatever you do just don't drill anything plz.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance you can edit that last statement wantoldschool? Thanks. And yeah, I'll take some more pics. Just fixing the clutch slave today, as it was leaking clutch fulid pretty bad. You could litterally see the fuild level in the resouvier going down while you watched. So hopefully chuck the spare one in the meantime while the other one (original) is off getting re-sealed.

Anyone have any idea's on lenghtening the visor? I'm going make up screw tightened clamps at both ends rather than drill holes in the bodywork. Anything I do to this car is going to have to be reversable. Is my idea legit? Weld a piece in the middle and remesh it? Will the weld marks show? (I've never worked on alloy, only mild and stainless)

Couple of things.

A) The mesh visor doesn't really suit the car. Really needs a proper steel one.

B) Extending or shortening visors is a cunt. A total utter bastard of a thing. I've seen it done with steel ones and they never ever look quite right, so I'm not sure how you would manage with a mesh one.

My suggestion would be look for something thats closer fit and steel.

Couple of things.

B) Extending or shortening visors is a cunt. A total utter bastard of a thing. I've seen it done with steel ones and they never ever look quite right, so I'm not sure how you would manage with a mesh one.

Steel = too heavy + wind resistence. I've allready got the drag from the drivers side oversized monsoon slowing me down enough... once it's over 60 it starts pulling to the right!! :lol: Just jokes.

Couple of things.

Steel = too heavy + wind resistence. I've allready got the drag from the drivers side oversized monsoon slowing me down enough... once it's over 60 it starts pulling to the right!! :lol: Just jokes.

Proper steel ones I've seen have a gap just by the windscreen to prevent too much air getting caught up in it.

My one rattles a bit actually in really bad cross winds cause the centre brackets that clip onto the gutter haven't got the bottom bolted piece, so it flexes enough to rattle :lol: :lol:

Hey man, I think we saw this heading out to rags yesterday? Could see something weird coming from far away but I didn't register what it was until you were past me. We were rolling in bumped pizizzle so you wouldn't have noticed us :lol:

Pizizle? I'm not down with Tron speak, your'll have to explain. Yeah, was coming home from Rags late yesterday. Shoulda laid on ya horn and hollered!

Look in his sig boe. Isuzu Piazza. ;)

Yeah pizzazza. What ever its called.

As I say, I didn't realise what the hell it was untill about 300 metres down the road (which is ages in the pzzazi) but next time I'll be sure to wave out.

Pizizle? I'm not down with Tron speak, your'll have to explain. Yeah, was coming home from Rags late yesterday. Shoulda laid on ya horn and hollered!

Look in his sig boe. Isuzu Piazza. ;)

That's what I was originally thinking, but I was all like nah, no one would admit to driving that! :lol:

Yeah man, and to the dude who was after my visor, buy it so I can get a bigger one and shorten it. Figure it'd be easyier than lenghtining it.