R100's Buggy

Goat

looking good :-)

do you have any construction pics of the frame shortening etc?

i'm a sucker for detail :-)

Gotta be the easiest kit type car to build ever !! heres a link to the chassis shortening plans http://www.beachbuggies.co.nz/images/chassis1.pdf

Was hoping to have it ready for new years but no chance :(

Even with a standard 1200 or 1300 engine they go really well. Easy to get certified aswell.

love the manx bodies, looks like a nice build. are those springs showing in the rear or am i dreaming????? 61 should be torsion all round i thought.

cool buggy anyway man, you going to run it at skidfest :D

would look sick throwing some smoke, would probably get pretty smoked out in the drivers seat though.

cheers

Matt

love the manx bodies, looks like a nice build. are those springs showing in the rear or am i dreaming????? 61 should be torsion all round i thought.

cool buggy anyway man, you going to run it at skidfest :D

would look sick throwing some smoke, would probably get pretty smoked out in the drivers seat though.

cheers

Matt

Yes those are brand new coil over springs in the rear. The tortion bars in the rear have been wound right down, but not completely. The new coil overs are off a motorbike and stiffen the rear up nice. They look kool too :)

yeah, i know how to do it, i was just hoping for some detail pics to ogle at in place of my tools and cars which are very far away :-)

i'm a sucker for aircoolers in general, but i've had no luck finding mean ones being posted on the net with good pics.

if you enter any burnout comps, where a helmet and thick jacket with the collar up.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff26 ... 024768.jpg

i got slapped in the back of the neck while doing this once, the piece of steel belted rubber was about 1.5 foot long, and 6mm thick, and caused my hand to be numb for about 20 minutes and my neck to be full of little red holes from the steel wires in the piece of tyres. it hurt. quite a bit.

buggys looking great anyway :-)

lol, yeah, that was a show i put on for my 18th birthday party, its less than 6 months till i'm 29 [crys a lot and wonders where the years went]. about 50 odd people there that night. good party.

i took that thing along muriwai (took it there on the ute) and drove it around the streets daringly and was even invited to someone elses birthday party to do burnouts once :-) cops showed up just after i left due to fighting etc. that was a 16th :-)

used to offroad it at rosedale road and even caught some air at about 120kph once :-) good times.

the earmuffs were needed with the dump tubes, and you could see flames from them at night easily.

do you have any build pics to post?

fred.