Diff oil?

NewGuy

Fuck all these ratings drive me insane lol

Lol in my book in my dream i was told to use Castrol GTX oil for everything including brakes, diff engine auto box lol.

cheapest dream ever.

your trans oil might be EP, it is sometimes. but sometimes its just engine oil, depends on the trans.
He's got an auto boe so I'd guess its ATF aye

• 5 months later...

the stuff you want is HP90.

mongol is onto it, the pressure in between the crown wheel and the pinion is immense, wrong oil = fail.

edit; the gears dont "slide" at all, they have a continuos rolling contact but the contact patch is very small hence the huge pressure. HP stands for high pressure. this is to do with the oil's shear strength and its ability to hold a film under extreme load.

Guest sexychevette
I'd use EP 90. Whatever you do, don't get it in your hair unless you like the greasy look for the next month.

omg yuh. i laydown in a puddle of the stuff whilst worken under a mates car. Could not get that shit out of my hair. Washed it like 10 times that night

Some good oil is Hy Tran oil. Go in to a Case IH tractor place should be one near you. And ask for Hy Tran oil. I highly recommend for diff.

NO WAY!!!

that oil is too thin, and is quoted on the label as suitable for 'tractor transmissions and final drives', not differentials!!!

i saw the aftermath of your diff after using that oil, no way would i recommend that oil!

stick with the tried and true method of using factory recommended diff oil with the right viscosity.