soljahs pimpin ex lancer

mutiny

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yea ive got 205/50 r888s on there at the mo, i think thats pretty much the bees for that size

rasing it would only be for the drags not all the time, im not silly :rolleyes:

i think the problem is more when i launch the car hits bumpstops real quick and so just wheel spins from there, it cant squat as much as it wants to

i got started on a short shifter for my car today

made up a spacer plate one inch thick and then cut my shifter just above that sqaure peice as i think it is for the gate

i made up an insert also an inch long with spigoted ends and then drilled 1/4 inch holes into the two ends of the stick, this should give it heaps more stregth when i get it welded twomorrow rather than just have two flat ends

img2108.jpg

i chucked it in my car loosely and it seems to have reduced the shifting distance down to around 70mm from around 100mm stock

will measure it better when i install it fully

still tossing over wether or not to cut the top shaft down aswell any one have any opinions on this good or bad?

i made it at work for free :lol:

given that its aricraft grade alloy and steel its probly worth a fair bit tho :lol:

it was a cunt to make aye, took me te best part of 4 and a bit hours

if you went to an engineering place im sure theyd make it up for ya in way less time than it took me

hopefully it will = 12s

4.3 mang

if anyone has a gearstick that will fit my gearbox im keen for it

the short shifter works well but it is extentuating my worn out selectors making selecting 2nd a right royal pain for city driving so keen on a easy fix till i swap the box

maybe even an early model lancer one will work?

nah thats still there pretty mint condition

the metal selector in the gbox that the bush sits in is slogged to bits and quite worn out, maybe someone ran the gbox for a while without a bush

it just aloows me to push the gearstick quite away to the left probly from being hammered over that way constantly over the years

Ill have a hunt. Im sure i got a couple lying around. Will it matter if its a 4 speed?

cheers man, 5 speed would be mint but 4 speed should hopefully do the trick

bit off topic, just wondering what you got rolled for either friday or saturday night (cant remember) wern't speeding were you? :lol: :lol: :lol:

cop said underside of my car was sparking :lol: