soljahs pimpin ex lancer

mutiny

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

HEY, my name steven. actually im from malaysia. i drive an ex too. planning to put VR4 engine in. loving your car. my car is almost the same colour as yours. just wana are u using the GSR gearbox?? how about the flywheel and clutch set?? y do u use hilux axle?? da 1.8 GSR axle can stand da power of the engine. thanks bro.need some info to do my car.

yea what fuel said^^^

was a 1200cc model so never had any semi strong gsr bits, there a impossible to find here and a rear diff setup for one would have cost me more than my hilux setup and nowhere near as strong

gearbox is a l200 box with l200 flywheel and excedy heavy duty clutch, starter is just the stock 1200cc starter (all the narrowblock ones are the same)

• 1 month later...

u think ur depressed my car is just sitting down at the tuners/auto sparkys was meant to be going a month ago

it runs :D but im having little niggly problem after niggly problem

mechanic that did my cambelt for me messed it up first time so when the car was started the tensioner pulley jammed, fucking the cambelt with it, but thats all sorted now

my hilux diff conversion is all on the piss, some of the mounts are out meaning the arms are on wrong angles and the springs rub and shit so have to take the diff all out and find a stock housing so they can have another go at it again

plus the dyno is booked up till the 7th of oct so i have to wait for a cancelation/a car fucks out to get on

i just wanna huss the bags :evil:

ill have a stock ex diff after this weekend if you wanna borrow. Thats if your local to Auckland. I just wanna take mine for a spin. Just around the block. Is it too much to ask for?!!!!

What Computer are you running? Much engine work?

Oops, just read that properly. You want a stock HILUX housing. (Idiot)

nah i do need a stock lancer diff, need to get the right places for the mounts and just move the ones on the hilux allready

im in chch tho so too much effort

link g4 ecu, stock vr4 engine with big16g, evo 6 injectors, 38mm tial

hoping for 300ishrwhp

• 3 weeks later...

hey man good to see it's finally coming together.

few questions, what inserts are you running in the front struts? and how come you chose 200lb springs? they'ld be a bit light wouldn't they? I'm running 9kg springs which would be about 500lb - I reckon 350-400lb would be more suited to yours?

they are camry inserts apparently

suspenion place jst told me they were 200lbs not 100% sure if they are that

but they tried the first ones and they were too stiff so put these ones in, its still bloody stiff

i didnt work any of that shit out just went by what the spring guy said

if they seem to be a problem ill take them out and work out the spring rates

certainly guna b stiffer than the factory ones anyway

nah my doorcards were that crazy two tone :badgrin:

brown and then brown crosshatching on the bottom

mate who owned the car before me had speakers in the front but they got stolen and they ripped up the doorcards to get em out

so i got some replacement ones but they were all either fucked or not the right colour so in the end just got the best ones i could find ripped all the vinyl off and made some pods for my component speakers (theyve got huge magnets)

then got a mate of a mate to re vinyl them, were a right cunt to do apparently cos of the countours etc

went black as i may do the whole interior that colour eventually

• 4 weeks later...