Shocks boe

Sparkle

so yuh, found out on the weekend that my front inserts are shitty arse munroes, out of a 82 cressida. No way are they going to hold up to the springs that I wanna run. So basically I have 2 options, either

Hit some KYBs cheapish that are available to me overnight,

or hit some Koni yellows which are twice the price, and at least a 3 month wait. Poos.

Is it worth waiting for the Konis? Are they going to be worth it that much? Previous experiences plz

k33n to jump in group buy stz too sprak, if you go to u.k that is. my shit = unavailable ex u.s AFAIK

Yellow cones?

I might be in for some fronts. Got some for the back, but not sure what's in the front 'til I tear it apart.

Koni yellows. Proven, reliable and rebuildable.

. Epic.

I can't agree with you there. I have had three different problems with Koni Yellows lately.

This months issue is that the adjusters have simply seized. A few months ago one of mine started randomly changing rebound resistance.

A few months beofe another one was grabbing on compression - back to Stocks with them but every time they need to cutt the bloodu things open and often they aren't worth fixing.

Koni yellows. Proven, reliable and rebuildable.

. Epic.

I can't agree with you there. I have had three different problems with Koni Yellows lately.

This months issue is that the adjusters have simply seized. A few months ago one of mine started randomly changing rebound resistance.

A few months beofe another one was grabbing on compression - back to Stocks with them but every time they need to cutt the bloodu things open and often they aren't worth fixing.

What do you use now?

Bilstein, Ohlins, and Koni seem to consistently rate in the top 3 of preferred shock brands worldwide from research I've been doing... also Penske stuff if you're in the States.

Would also recommend Bilsteins, had them in the front of the Alfa and they were bulletproof, just make sure they're valved correctly otherwise it's a pull apart mission to revalve them to suit.

Will see how I get on with my Koni's then, that said, in the past I've had good results and know a lot of race guys who've also had excellent results with them.

Im gonna be a cheap cunt at first and hit the KYBs, see if they handle the jandle, if not, ill send my spare inserts up to stocks to see if they can match me up some konis.

See what happens though, need to get it running first :rolleyes: