alfalfa 75izzle

davidian

I got a few plans - need to get a real job though!

Coilover conversion/adapter on the front end. Dutch/german guy by the name of ron simmons (RSRacing) runs a driver training course at the nurburgring, he uses a fleet of TS's (the 75Experience) 8) . He has developed a vey small diameter coilover unit which bolts in place of the shock. Keep the torsion bars as well and the spring rates add to give exxtra firmness. Kit comes with new rear springs and shocks and adjustable spring seats and a fat front anti-roll bar. Is quite pricey - 1200Euro, so round $2500+ to get it all here, but is pretty much the peak of suspension development for the transaxle alfas. There are some real gurus in the states who run it on full blown track cars, love it etc.

Engine wise its pretty much standard. Plans - unsure about NA or turbs/super.

Can get ITB kit from UK that has all gear needed to set it up - ITBs, mani, fuel rails, etc - but again 1800 pounds, which is HEAPS. And im a poor student.

So probably staying standard in engine for a while. Got reasonable power, low down torque (DOHC 8V VVT FTW b0e!) so im not missing much.

Sprak only done 2 trackdays, no racer liscence stz for me.. 1st taupo new small (same as superlap), cant remember any times from that.. 2nd was taupo full track in old config (track 4), i got it down to around 2:06 at the end of the day after playing round with tyre pressures and having a dump :lol:

Understeers really bad at low speeds on corner exits, will need to do front susp to poly bushings and get alignment set right. crank few more -deg on.. Stiffer rear springs should help too i hope.

Haha cheers bro, its got oldschool spirit! Friend who i went down with in a s14 turbo with adjustable blah blah blah was getting flat 2:00's. I passed a skyline or two! More power than sense.. There was a supra there running 335 rear full slicks hitting 250kph on the back straight, 450kw apparently :shock:

Man cant wait for nats!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Haha cheers bro, its got oldschool spirit! Friend who i went down with in a s14 turbo with adjustable blah blah blah was getting flat 2:00's. I passed a skyline or two! More power than sense.. There was a supra there running 335 rear full slicks hitting 250kph on the back straight, 450kw apparently :shock:

Man cant wait for nats!

my timing men must have been on different drugs to yours!

Cam ran a best of 1:58 that day.

did you really do 2:06? hmmmm

whats the pcd of the alfa wheels?

i'll have to dig up some more snaps and vids of your car and post them here or in the other thread here :

//oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=9902

what hp are the boxs known to handle?

that suspension package sounds like a goer (sure you cant get custom torsions made for less?) but the itb setup could be done diy for way less.

is cam on here at all with his ae85/6es ?

fred.