18rg for capri.

treggo

Hey guys,

Yea another motor thread :? Anyway thinking about buying a 18rg off greatest ben. Do you guys think this would be a good option for my capri? i want to keep it oldschoolish with carbs and twincam and stuff is very appealing will it take much to fit the engine bar things like engine mounts?

If you guys have any dieas shout out. Just remember this would be my first transplant so Im pretty Newb lol.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stock they can be either 110 or 130, dependant on engine. I havent heard of this conversion but if your going to go through the trouble of putting in another manufacturers engine unless i would put one in that would give me better hp to $$$, unless your doing it purely for cool factor. Or mod the 2l pinto with the money it would cost you.

Likely you will need most of the conversion mods anyways, custom brackets mounts etc, exhaust, gearbox, driveshaft etc.

yea i know all of that. but im not sure if the money for cert and what not would be more than the cost to get the pinto sorted well if you know what i mean. unless anyone has a worked one they can sell me $$ CHEAP LOL.

yeah, conversion costs can skyrocket, theres always something that doesnt get thought of, things like sidedraughts sitting on a wide twin cam head getting in the way of the capri's big brake booster in the narrow engine bay, and whether or not a rear type sump pan is easy to get/ modify, will the pipes enter the radiator in the right place in relation to the engine? will the shifter position in the car need moved? will it need an electric fuel system? will the standard fuel lines work? it shouldnt cost too much more than $5-600 to get a strong pinto going in there, depending who you know and how rooted your one is, but on the other side of the coin, if you can fabricate ypurself, none of those problems above are too big a deal.

emo/ fuck it depends who i know aye. well i know some good cunts on here! and im sure the have hook ups. Anyone? lol maybe strong pinto now... and other conversion down the track once ive owned/loved/raped my pinto.

I agree with crazy_rich, if you are trying to do things on a budget you might as well stick to what you know and keep it simple. Don't go attempting interbreeding engine conversions if you have a set budget to stick to. Obviously if you are handy with a welder and willing to find ways to get around any little tricky parts it may be doable.

So, either get a welder and learn things the hard way, get a loan and stick a 3sge or zetec in it or keep it simple with a pinto (I can't believe i just suggested going with a pinto)