soda blasting

grant76

i got the mini's engine bay sandblasted = pretty much the same thing except different

fuck what a cunt of a thing

sand/soda shit goes literally everywhere

like i said, i got my engine bay blasted, there is still sand in the boot and i spent 2 hours vacuuming end to end and back again

put all my intereior in after the cleaning, then sand starts pissing out of the dash and shit, tis a real cunt

id only get it done on a car that is completely stripped, and even then, stuff like the doors etc i'd get acid dipped... at least thats what im doing with the imp

• 2 weeks later...

ok i thort dig up old thread stead of new one.

i want a good sand/soda blaster in hamilton. im more inclined to use a soda blaster as from what ive read its better on not warping panels tho that said ive seen some say you can not do it if its an experienced blaster. i wanna bare metal the wagon everywhere! inside and outside the car. car will obviously be completely stripped bar the stuff to make it roll.

thoughts?

i reckon when it comes time to get pIMP done, i'll pay less than 300 for the whole car

how will you manage this?

i dunno if i should do it my self as i want the whole car panels and all done so i duno, panels that hard you thinks?

i stumbled upona guy that does all industrial sandblasting and shit, he did the engine bay on the mini with an antirust primer total, $60

i got quoted at least 500 in other places, just for the engine bay

Panels are what everyone talks about, and yea, its a slight risk, but i reckon an old cars panel stell is about twice as thick as jappa, and jappa panel steel 'might' warp if your a NEwb about it

good deal for you but doesnt help me out lol. cant find anything in the phone book to do with sand blasting in hamz so any you hamz boys had anything sand blasted in hamilton? or should i just hire one for like $150 for a day spose other thing to do is goto auckland n get it done.

EDIT: found a couple in white pages seems yellow pages is the wrong place to look.