How to get aluminum looking good

nismo.capri

Oh, you're talking cast iron exh. manifolds? Sand blasting should be fine on those and just paint with a high temp paint or get it HPC or JetHot coated, otherwise despite the paint, being exhaust gases get so darn hot, the paint will fade/burn eventually anyway.

Yuh, ca18det Exhaust man. Was going to go stainless highrise manifold but its not worth the $400 just for a bit of bling that turns ugly pretty quick anyways.

Also high rise means the turbo may heat the bonet too much, the pipes have to be longer for oil and water feed to turbs, the wastegate is harder to mount, blah blah blah,

and cast rules.

..bead blasted ..sand wouldve gone stright through that ..ive done it to a piston :oops: you's to do it to the turbo's when i rebuilt them looks tits though :twisted:

I'm pretty sure it was sand.... silicia of some sort. It was fine and powery not heavy hardcore stuff. I'll ask and confirm :wink:

Yuh, ca18det Exhaust man. Was going to go stainless highrise manifold but its not worth the $400 just for a bit of bling that turns ugly pretty quick anyways.

Also high rise means the turbo may heat the bonet too much, the pipes have to be longer for oil and water feed to turbs, the wastegate is harder to mount, blah blah blah,

and cast rules.

I think it was a thread on here that was talking about custom steam pipe manifolds shitting those rusty flakes out through the turbo and fucking it if they're not HPC'd, but obviously will be fine for NA applications.

I'm thinking of getting stainless headers made at some stage. I kinda like the look when they get all hot anyway, but you think its not worth it the extra dosh? Do they get REAL shit looking after ages?

Well im talking turbo manifold here. Because its got a turbo not as much of a benifit having nice flowing ones as with an NA. Rather spend the money elsewhere is what I meant.

I think its worth it for N/A. Stainless goes purple pretty quick then after a few a year or so goes real yuck. Just exhaust wrap it if it goes ugly.

I think its worth it for N/A. Stainless goes purple pretty quick then after a few a year or so goes real yuck. Just exhaust wrap it if it goes ugly.
I haven't had them on too long but the stainless headers on my Subi have gone a real nice gold color

• 2 weeks later...