Tell me about 8 inch Ford diffs

Gaz

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

u asked for bogun and here i am 8 inch falcon diffs came in all sorts of falcon utes as a lsd also i believe its a xf fairmont v8 that has a disc brake version albeit with bigger axles. i believe you're going to run a sr20/ca18(18 = betta more revs) that shouldnt brake it ive seen supercharged big torque v8s run through them and not break so you should be right. the diff head you want is out of a vn commodore for its 4.1 spider gears and mate it to the falcon lsd as they are the same diff basically

um yeah the same as ute

and vl commodore and yeah they are the borgwarner and as we all know its torque that destroys things and i havent heard of one ever breaking due to a 4cyl engine even turbocharged. i spose it might break after 10 years of skidz but meh and they are very easy to come across so yeah good diff. that or a hilux would be my pick

Rubbish in the way of what?

Wear out really quick with a decent amount of power or abuse.

Which means Methz, by the time you get one, it's already been abused the fuck out of in a dirty old Falcon so even if it's not quite fucked, it will be pretty soon after putting it in.

Go Hilux or convert to IRS and use a Z32 R230 LSD

IRS to hard for me plus take too long. This the easy way. :lol:

Just rang diffs are us. Question now is which is the Ford 8inch. Apparently there is alot of people who call the EA etc borg warner diffs a ford 8inch. The actual ford 8inch is out of a mustang and not what im actually after.

So question is... What is this diff? Borg or 8?

diff1ch3.jpg

Sorry bout shit pic.

they use the "atlas axle" ie v6 capri diff with lsd heads. ive only heard good things about falcon borgwarner diffs thats what im using in my wagon coz its cheap so yeah if u want a skinnier one get one out of a oz assembled cortina and put a lsd head in it but whatever floats ur boat i think the borgwarner is a very good diff ive heard of 6oohp rb30 turbos running them down the strip and not breaking them so they cant be all bad can they now

they use the "atlas axle" ie v6 capri diff with lsd heads. ive only heard good things about falcon borgwarner diffs thats what im using in my wagon coz its cheap so yeah if u want a skinnier one get one out of a oz assembled cortina and put a lsd head in it but whatever floats ur boat i think the borgwarner is a very good diff ive heard of 6oohp rb30 turbos running them down the strip and not breaking them so they cant be all bad can they now

Isnt the Aussie v6 capri diff the Borg Warner not the Atlas? These are the ones that the Falcon LSDs bolt straight into. Well thats whta the guy at 'Diffs r us' in Aucks just told me over phone.