mk5 cortina 2l flows

mk5corty

id just get any extractors you see, the all the same, ive heard that 4-2-1 are better than 4-1 and preferably tuned length ones, but i dont think you get much gains unless the engines worked heaps, custom would be the best though

hmm i reckon over the course of this year i get a mild cam, mild port and polish, flows and full exhaust, k&n filter and sierra efi. Then next year go for piggyback ecu, larger injectors, small turbo and an intercooler. reckon a 50hp boost would be nice. perhaps later strengthen it up and crank the boost go for 180 reliable hp.

:lol:

4-2-1's are a cheap version? uhh.. how's that? You'll find less piping in 4-1's because 90% of the ones you find will not be tuned length, all four into one collector and then away they go through a single outlet.

They serve different purposes.

A 4-1 is best for high revs but is a little lack lustre for lower down so unless you're on a track and constantly shifting about up in the range then go for the 4-2-1's they're more balanced as far as road use goes, more usable as it were. Just make sure that it's 1&4 and 2&3 that have the seperate collector, you don't want 1&2 then 3&4 to have them because it will ruin the flow as the exhaust pulses will collide.

No one type is better than the other. They are just for different things.

4-1 is good for top-end, squeeze that little bit of extra power out up there.

4-2-1 are good for torque.

In the long run, on a pretty standard engine I don't think you'll be able to tell much difference between the two (but you will notice a power difference - i hope). Just do make sure you get proper lengths like kyteler said.