shortend shocks/springs/leaf's

Guest Demonmk2

Guest Demonmk2

hey can anybody tell me what i need 2 do for my car to sit ahell of a lot lower 2 the ground with out getting a cert? i no i need new springs up front, but do i need to get my leafs re-set? <--- how much does that cost estimate?

will i diffenetly need shortend shocks? or am i able to use normal shocks wid super low springs and normal lowering blocks i want at least 4cm lowering

thanks

I needed to shorten the shocks on my Mk2 to keep the front springs captive with a 2" lowered spring, at the rear going with blocks is the easy option to get it low a 2" drop all round will look good be pretty low but not to low.

I ended up getting my car certed with that setup which included different wheels and seats

Guest Demonmk2

when u get it certed is it cheaper to cert everything when uv finshied or jsut as much eg. get motor done,seats,lowering etc does it all add up 2 just one price or is it 350 (or how ever much it costs to get certed) x number if cert'd items needed? 2 inch sohuld be enough to lower shouldnt it? (am waiting till engine is in see if it lowers it)

Guest Demonmk2

leafs shortend? wtf? the wheels arnt that massive are they? haha yeah i dont really wanna be scarping on the ground when i got passengers either, so i wanna make it real stiff (sounds bad) so it doesnt sag

Guest Demonmk2

hahah mean as off topic ooooooooooiiii got n e pics of the car? haha anyway how low can i go till it gets silly and dangerous on road? 3" ? does anybody got any pics of eskorts that are lowerd 2"?

one of the best/worst things about old cars is, ya cna do identical things to your car that some other cunt did, and half the time it wont look anything like it...

got a bunch of lowered esky pics but god knows what height...

ive never lowered one of mine so got no info there...

im sure someone here went 2"