Rolling guards

droppdkp

how handy are you with the hammer?

sounds rangi as fuk but works well:

hammer the inside lip out as much as you can, should leave you with a wavy guard pushed out.. then just bog up the arch and spend time re-bogging it and sanding, mine came out nicely

i havent done it but i hear ya cu slits on your inside lip and bend it out once it is all out you use a wooden baseball bat and a hammer to beat it basically into shape then insert a aluminium strip around the outside pot rivet it and bog once again pritty horry but hey

enlarge pic it moves :D

hihihi, cool

i'm getting my pannel beater in whenuapai to do my lips. $100 i think he said :?

its slammed customs next to whenuapai BP. as in right next to it, same building (left side)

Found a place thats gonna do it 4 $45 a guard in henderson. The guy was real choice and thought my car was pretty mint for its age, and was telling me about his sons turbo 79 rolla wagon and even asked me to pop the hood so he could see my 4k.

Guest Demonmk2

yeah i just got the old hammer and dolley and did it that way :S just make sure if ur using the dolley and doing it from underneath u dont drop the dolley on ur head as it kinda hurts :)

This is how i rolled my guards. I made sure i had loose wheel nuts then went for a drive, some where along the line the wheel will come off and jam between your guard and the road, because you going 50+ k's an hour whe wheel still spins and hence rolls your guard. Be carefull to have the right sized rim tho, cause if tis to small, you will just end up damaging your lower control arm.

Lucky for me i had the rim calculations correct. :D

Def'

This is how i rolled my guards. I made sure i had loose wheel nuts then went for a drive, some where along the line the wheel will come off and jam between your guard and the road, because you going 50+ k's an hour whe wheel still spins and hence rolls your guard. Be carefull to have the right sized rim tho, cause if tis to small, you will just end up damaging your lower control arm.

Lucky for me i had the rim calculations correct. :D

Def'

That happened to a mates BMW at `100k. His 17 past him adn jumped into a paddock. Ripped the guard in half pretty much, like ripped up the middle and all bent back. So lol.

Found a place thats gonna do it 4 $45 a guard in henderson. The guy was real choice and thought my car was pretty mint for its age, and was telling me about his sons turbo 79 rolla wagon and even asked me to pop the hood so he could see my 4k.

care to share: :)