Defcon's Gemini

Toucan

Cheers, the colour is "Rustic Orange" or..... orange filler primer to be correct. Were in rather a hurry to get the engine in (had to be done by end of uni-holidays) so ripping every thing out and spraying the bay wasnt really an option.

BTW, it is an absloute bastard to keep clean, in order to remove grease stains u must sand and re-spray :D

Def'

So slap a coat of clear over your Salmon Pink and you'll be set.

Haha, well i dont actully plan on keeping it salmon, getting it painted is priority. The primer was just to cover the spots where the paint had all flaked of. Eg a whole door and rear panel, Decided just to give it a quick sand all over and spray the whole thing, rather then have a horid mix of the gross green colour with primer doors and pannels.

Def'

A gloss BLACK. Ever since i was young ive wanted a shiny black car. There was this movie, Had 5 or so black porsches chasing this other car (it mite have been herbie not sure) and they looked killer in black. So yeah i like the idea of a Glossy black Coupe. Proberly a lacquer for simplicity's sake. Unsure of whether or not to paint the grill and tail(presently sliver) and what colour.

Of course ive gota get her on the road and all legal before i can begin to think about paint.

Def'

A gloss BLACK. Ever since i was young ive wanted a shiny black car. There was this movie, Had 5 or so black porsches chasing this other car (it mite have been herbie not sure) and they looked killer in black. So yeah i like the idea of a Glossy black Coupe. Proberly a lacquer for simplicity's sake. Unsure of whether or not to paint the grill and tail(presently sliver) and what colour.

Of course ive gota get her on the road and all legal before i can begin to think about paint.

Def'

Yeah man sounds wicked. Those gem coupes look sex in gloss black. I go with black also for the tail, and black for the grille except for around the headlights. I did that to the Celeste, looks sooooo much better, and Gems and Celestes have similarish grilles/headlight set-ups

• 10 months later...
Guest AbLaZ3

i jus got those same gauges from repco! $26 or sumthign stupid on sale. how hard are they to hook up? havnt had a good look yet?

Fuck, chode, slowest project eva award

Yeah pretty much, student sydrome... no cash, no time :D

Done a few small things.... i think. Mainly just problem solving,(lots of problems). New brake master, new front sway bar,re-did the whole interior. Got zeps old lsd and disk brake diff going in, in the next uni holis.

Expensive girls are mostly to blame, no cash to get it painted.

Oh and i found out my sump was dry this afternoon, thank fuck i didnt start it.

• 5 months later...
looking forward to see the finished result... Found a place to get it painted yet?

what colour are you planning on painting by the way?

Planing on painting her gloss black, not sure where just yet. Guna pop by PK pannel and exculsive pannel and a few other local places as soon as exams are over.

I got the pertronix kit from http://www.philspeed.co.nz was bout 250 bucks from memmory, maybe a little more it was a while ago. The guy was a legend and real helpful. Though I think you can probably get it off the pertronix online store a little cheaper. It was piss-simple to put in. Took all of ten minutes, bolt in pretty much. Would highly reccomend getting one dude, made a world of difference over dirty points!