will crc in my engine matter when i put it back together?

WildPlumDx

just cleaned my engine the other day water blasted the inside and then soaked it with crc its been a few days now but it still aint fully dried up theres still crc inside the engine with a little water mixed not much but the crc aint drying out! i wondering if i can just bolt it back together and get it running with crc mixed in the oil how else will i get rid off it ? if it matters? thanks

Yea thats a good idea..

Otherwise you could just piss some oil or sumthin over it, then wipe it out, before you put it back together.

On the other hand, if theres not a whole lot in there you could probably just leave it I spose...

nah man CRC is good. I spray it all over my shit all the time. When my block was getting built I sprayd crc on it frequently to keep the bores & face from rusting up.

Gave the face a very long clean with meths so get it off though so it wouldn't affect the headgasket seal. But I wouldn't worry about your pistons and crank and bore having crc on em bro.

Guest WESTCORT

yeah like rt said nothing wrong with crc at all, if anything you would want to have crc on your engine when you put it back together rather than nothing

Guest WESTCORT

yeah bro apart from its lack of tunage it hauls balls, only done 700k's in it ima wait till after 1000 before i tune it and rev it off the clock ;) havent rev'd past 5 yet, but it sures wants to go past in a hurry, esp in first gear

Uhmm, no dude.

It's generally a good idea to put LOAD on the engine, and revving it will not necessarily do this.

Don't go thrashing the engine, but when breaking it in, get up to highway speeds, and in 4th or 5th accelerate at near full throttle, then slow down and repeat a dozen times or so.

Also don't let the engine idle for too long either, and don't try and break them in until they are fully warmed up.

yeah bro apart from its lack of tunage it hauls balls, only done 700k's in it ima wait till after 1000 before i tune it and rev it off the clock ;) havent rev'd past 5 yet, but it sures wants to go past in a hurry, esp in first gear

So those pistons did the trick dude? I want to know how hard she goes once you've got her run in and start giving her assholes, keep me informed ;)

Guest WESTCORT

yeah mate cant thank you enuf for the pistons, and even free postage! if you build a truck like that one in your signiture and fly your cars up to the next track day, the beers are on me!

and yeah ill let you know how she goes once shes tuned :D