sigma turbo questions

coltspeed

i've just bought a sigma turbo engine from a 1985 gsr sigma.

can anyone tell me whether this runs the T or Ts pistons? also what size injectors they use and any power ratings?

also can anyone tell the injector size of the 1982 sapporo turbo?

thanks for any help

shirwan.

im guessing your the one who got the paddock basher with the 4g63t in it.I forgot all about that damn auction (me=lancerex2000)

I think they only way you can find out what pistons they run is to actually take them out, but i think the GSR ran the Ts pistons.

i think the injector is 850cc? ive got that in my head for some reason.

Power is about 170hp at 6psi i think.

whats the motor like?

yeah that was me, sorry about the auction i didn't know it was you.

i'm off down to bulls on saturday to get it. not to sure on engine condition but from what i was told by the guy its all good.

i'm fairly sure i know what the problem with it cutting out is but i wont know for sure until i get it back here.

the plan is to get it running properly before i take it out and then swap the intake and exhaust manifolds for some RWD ones that i have off a sapporo.

that's why i was asking about injector size, cause i'm fairly sure the sapporo ran smaller injectors and for the sake of having the the thermostat at the front on the sapporo manifold i may as well stick with the FWD manifold....but if they are the same then i'll swap the manifold,ecu and loom over to the RWD one.

arghh i see.Yeah i was wondering what nyou where gonna do about the terbo facing smack bang infront of the firewall.

im gonna do the same conversion somtime when i get enough $$$ to get a good motor.

already have the sigma box in my lancer anyway so shuld be all good.

i'll take pics and send them to you if you like. or if you're keen you could come up for the weekend i do it and give a helping hand. it's an easy conversion if you have all the right parts to begin with. i.e. RWD manifolds, water pump housing, engine mounts and oil pump.

• 2 weeks later...

i think the injector is 850cc? ive got that in my head for some reason.

Power is about 170hp at 6psi i think.

850cc? thats pretty big.. thats rotary-turbo big.. I have Mitsubishi Evo injectors in my Ford and they are only 510cc and support 250bhp..

its the same as the engine bay pic of my car i sent you RT, the ECI unit on the passenger side (my car) is at the front of the engine bay (fwd car's) and has two large injectors mounted inside it. the air is forced through just like a blow through carb setup and the fuel is injected in the ECI unit then down through the inlet ports into the engine.

like defective says its more like an electronic carb, heaps safer for turbo though.

cheers

Matt

Yeah, I think 170hp and 255 Nm? Compression is 7.5. Your's have the intercooler mate? When I was waying up the conversion issue for the GTO I was thinking of putting on a VR-4 one on with a bit of custom piping. But you not going to mod? Pretty busy engines with alot of wires and pipes running eveywhere too, try to deloom that puppy!

don't worry the wiring will be tidy...

i did some measuring behind the grill to see how much room for an air to intercooler and there is enough room to fit a 600x300x100 cooler but, i will probably go for a 3sgte toyota water to air intercooler cause it will look factory and lets face it water to air is approx 60% more efficient anyway.

i'll have to do some measuring but i'm sure it would fit on top of the rocker cover(just like the toyota) and removing the toyota sticker and replacing it with a mitsi one should look factory.

Your going to fit a top mount interwarmer?! Like Subaru?! :shock: Mate, IMO that's not the most efficient place to put an intercooler, right above where all the engine heat rises-

He was talkig about a WATER-AIR cooler system, not necessarily giving the lowest temps, but by far the most consistant, whilst rfraining from having any detrimental effects on response from lag...

should be a good Idea, little harder to set up, with the plumbing of the water system and all, but shouldn't be too difficult.. celicas and legacys would be the most comon to be ale to pilfer parts off 8)