skunkwerx

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

best dude on here to talk to is "caboonatlarge"

he's done this in his EX, looks pretty much factory

1200 mounts are slightly different to the 4g32/4g63 ones.

http://www.oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=3136

and some homo posted this up

http://www.oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewto ... ght=#36118

easier than me after a few cold ones

nah 1200 mounts are different.

You can use either sigma cross member,lancer 1600, or starion.

if you have a 4sp lancer box you will also need the egarbox cross member from a starion, sigma or 5sp lancer.

You can also use the sigma gearbox on the 4g63(n/a) or the 4g63bt (turbo), benifit of this is that its a cable clutch where as the turbo sigma, lancer gsr and the starion boxes are hydrolic clutch.Apart fromt he hydro/cable clutch arrangment the gearboxes are the same.Can use the heavier pressure plate from the turbo boxes ont he cable clutch boxes too.

Sigma turbo disc rear will bolt up too, but i havnt had any problams with my diff handling the power so far, but then again i havnt been rough on it at all.

Are you going turbo or n/a?

Good to see yet ANOTHER 2lt lancer in the pipeworks.

Kool little cars, i love mine :)

CAm

hey .thanks for the info,

yeah im looking into 4g63t as i mite as well go turbo if the option is there:)

on the look out for a good body,running or not ,has to be reg on holed as im not keen to do another revinning for a project..

any one out there with a tidy shell for sale...??

found a pajero down the line with the 4g63t setup and most of the good to boot.

can anyone tell me what theres goes like after the conversion even just n/a63 conversion ??

thanks

they dont go to bad.Mines just a n/a but i can keep up with 4ages with 4 ppl in my car.

Gave a galant a race 2nite and beat that, was losing traction too due to the wet road on 1st and 2nd but still beat it.

Im gonna go turbo tho, im tired of this n/a shit.

$g63bt with multi point, link, bigger turbo,intercooler.Thats about all im gonna do.Should go ok.

Good luck finding a mint body with NO RUST!.I managed to find one but took a good year of looking around.

CAm

4AGE though knobber, not 2 litre or turbo, and I'm just talking about drag, fuck circuit, I have leaf springs!

I'd be pushing 110hp I assume with exhaust and carb done, and my car weighs so little it's obscene, MR2=more power but much more weight

ok, quick list for SOHC 4G63BT

-engine out of turbo starion, rwd turbo galant/sigma.

-g'box out of the above cars or EX1800 (if you can find a wrecked one), you will need to cut the floor or swap the shifter from a lancer EX box (doable but requires opening up the gearbox)

-mounts not too sure about 1200's but the stock 1600 engine and gearbox mounts worked fine for me, along with the crossmember. there is a locating pin that you'll need to grind off or use the mounts that are on the engine when you grab it.

-rear diff, EX1800 is ideal but pretty hard to find, it will bolt into place but you'll need the handbrake cables that come with it. there's a fairly good chance of it having an LSD centre too if you find one. there are also sigma's with the right diff, some have drum and some have disc brakes but the centre is still bigger than your stock poo 1200 diff.

-driveshaft, mine came with the EX1800 gear i've got so went straight into place, its a two piece but the bolt holes are already in the floor of the car. you could try using the sigma one, i wouldn't have a clue if it will work, i know your 1200 one won't though cause the gearbox and diff are both longer.

-loom, mine's from an EX1800, anything else would probably be a bitch to do but heaps easier than starting from scratch. i've got wiring diagrams if you want them but they're not the easiest things to use.

-clutch master cylinder, not too hard to swap from cable to hydraulic, or apparently (caboonatlarge knows more about this than me) you can use a cable box out of a galant????

all of this is pretty much bolt in, it doesn't get any easier. i'm planning quite a few mods though once its certed which is where the fun starts. there is a multipoint injection setup that will bolt up (there's a couple actually but only one that faces the right way) but you need an aftermarket computer to run it, also a front mount intercooler (as opposed to none for most of the above mentioned cars) will help a lot. the stock computer can handle up to 10 psi (from memory) before it will boost cut but you don't even really want to run that much til you've got an i/c in there. i'm getting about 7 with everything stock and it goes pretty good, haven't really given it death yet though, too many cops, no wof/ref/cert, can't afford any more fines.

if you want to do a dohc conversion i know a bit of stuff about that too, just ask.

hope it helps

Matt

so the 4g63t shud be an easy fit..?? im taken the loom and ecu will be very inportant:)

what mounts?

g/gox

driveline etc.??

just eyeing up an engine at the moment..

chur

Well if your car is 1200cc, you'll need the 1600/2 litre mounts

Use either turbo or non turbo gbox,should be ok either way. Try and use a tough diff, the non turbo sigma ones will probably do the job for cheap.

Use turbo x-members.

ya the g/box outa the n/a sigma, l200 will bolt straight up to the 4g63t, has the same internals as the starion,1800gsr gearboxes, so it will handle the power.Its just that its got a cable clutch.Is easier if you dont want to fiddle round with seting up the hydro setup and peddle box, but if you can get a whole starion, turbo sigma then im pretty sure is would all go in easy enough.

Im gonna try using the cable box first when i put the 4g63bt in and see how she handles.I know i guy who has a raceing EX lancer with a VERY worked n/a 4g63 thats putting out about 190hp and hes using the cable box and its holding up fine.Not to sure what the hp is of the 4g63bt but i think its around 170hp or somthing standard on 6psi (from memory).

Its a really easy conversion to do.get the right cross members and it will all go together fine.

Good luck

i know 2 guys who have already done the 4g63t conversion and i'm sorry to tell you that depending on whether you get a FWD or RWD engine will limit your gearbox choices! If you use a starion, sigma(RWD), sapporo or lancer engine only the turbo(and maybe L200) gearbox will bolt up. On the other hand if you use the FWD sigma then only a N/A 2L box will bolt up.

pro's and con's are with the turbo box you will obvoiusly have strength but you will have to run a hydraulic cluch and cut an extra 2 or so inches out of your trans tunnel for the shifter.

with the N/A box and FWD engine you don't have to do anything only problem is strength, but at about $30-40 for a second hand replacement who cares!

My FWD 4g63t should be going in in the next two weeks.