Engine Conversion or not..

Josh

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

apparently a Zetec into a capri is a pain in the ass according to classicford. Can't remember why exactly..

My friends putting a VG30DET into his MK1 capri... and it HELL expensive. He also supercharged a completely standard Pinto and got 140hp @ the rear wheels on only 6psi. Sounded awesome and was on a switch so he could turn it off etc. 8)

Wiring nightmare at the moment..

Then it will be off to the body shop to get the widebody kit fitted and everything painted..

then wheels to sort out.. and some interior trim.

Hopefully not too long! :twisted::twisted:

then we need to get practising for the NZ Targa, I'm co-driver. :)

Wouldn't be that hard, just Atropine's lame ass mechanic sux, no offence

none taken :P hes a good mechanic.. just has lost priorities and doesnt do the fucken work!! although its a semi matesrates job so other job have to take priority at times.. but fucken hell

All depends on how much power you want and what you want the car for. Answer these questions before deciding on powerplant.

IMO, a supercharged pinto is the best value for money in power stakes. For much less cost you can equal the power of an expensive worked n/a engine.

It won't make as much power as a turbo and won't have the potential too either.. but it's cheaper, and simpler. :P

A supercharger aye...Well answering the first questions, I want the car for street and show, and I just want enough power to keep up with a few newer cars, but not to fussed. Can you tell me more about the supercharger idea RT? Like how much is would cost roughly, advantages, disadvantages?

Lol, you could do a cam, port and carb job if you just wanted to keep up with 'a few newer cars'

A SC Pinto could be done for around $2500-3000 depending on how nicely you wanted to do it. Possibly as little as $1500 if you did a real maori job.

Advantages:- definately the most cost effective power your can get. As much as a worked n/a for half the price and much, much more drivability as it won't require wild camshafts, high idle or huge revs. Engine will also last longer in this state.. and if anything does go admiss then a new engine is cheap as. You can expect 140-160 at the rears.

Disadvantages.. well, none really.. Except the way my mate had it setup he was limited on the pulley size. He was only able to run a 6 psi pulley due to the crank pulley getting in the way. This was with the SC mounted where the alternator usually goes and the alternator was dropped down underneath. Just a couple of brackets to get made.

um, top end power of course will be scarificed but for a street car this is a non-issue. Obviously a bit of hassle involved getting everything plumbed in and I would suggest Efi. But at least you only have to worry about the intake side unlike a turbo system.

http://www.retrotech.co.nz/rides/mk1cap ... /capri.htm

here's my mates MK1, feel free to use the email link if you need to ask a question I'm sure he'll be happy to answer.

my GFs dads just put a zetec into his mrk2 RS2000 rally car.

I think its had a 2lt pinto, not sure, but he has done some work to the zetec and i tell you, it bloddy flies!!

mean as

Mean...

And you it woul dhave had apinto in it as all rs2000s came with them.

apparently a Zetec into a capri is a pain in the ass according to classicford. Can't remember why exactly..

My friends putting a VG30DET into his MK1 capri... and it HELL expensive. He also supercharged a completely standard Pinto and got 140hp @ the rear wheels on only 6psi. Sounded awesome and was on a switch so he could turn it off etc. 8)

How did he put it on a switch!?

Id be keen on knowing a bit more about that setup aye... what about a supercharged Xflow?